kenn_etix

HI,

This is just a prelude to something that I am proposing to my organization so that we can start using this method here.

If some one has some USPs of ACs please add it on.

The assessment centre is a method of predicting future performance by using job simulation to measure a candidate’s ability to handle future responsibilities.

Emphasis is on potential (future) rather than Achievement (past). Current performance can be measured on a day to day basis, but it is difficult to judge a person’s managerial ability if he/she is not called upon to display these skills in his or her present work.

The Management Assessment centre is a programme that uses simulated activities and trained assessors to provide evidence-based assessments of candidates which can form the basis for:

1) Selection and promotion decisions

2) Succession planning

3) Career development plans.

Participants in an AC undertake a series of activities that include simulations of typical tasks that they are likely to encounter in the future. They are observed and assessed by a number of assessors who then combine their findings to produce a detailed summary assessment of each candidate.

This summary, together with suggested options for development, is then used by assessors as the basis for a feedback interview with the participant. Where appropriate, an assessor will also coordinate a discussion with the participant and the line manager so that any development plans will have management support,

Detailed assessment results are confidential and known only to the assessors, the individual participant and any future selection or succession planning boards.

regards

K

From India, Mumbai
atulsapre

Hi here is some material that I have used for Development Centers
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: ppt development_centers_no_tao_836.ppt (133.5 KB, 559 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.