No Tags Found!

vishal vaghela
Subject - calculatio of leave enchasment hw leave encashment calculate? rate will calculate on basic only or total gross salary.
From India, Vadodara
drmasq

agreed with Mr. PS Dhingra’s opinion, "any Sunday or holiday falling in between the C/L period will not count as a part of C/L in any case".
From India, Calcutta
sushil.meenakshi

Dear Friend,,
It's depend upon your leave policy, If your leave policy indicate that it will be treated as prefix and suffix then only one day leave will be taken into consideration. So your leave policy must be very much clear.
Thank you

From India, New Delhi
kamalkantps

Dear Members,
The leave rules vary form company to company as it is an internal matter of the company. In the case at hand the following should happen as a general rule.
the leave of Tuesday will be considered as C/L. Sandwich leave is a different concept and is explained below:
if any employee takes leave on Friday and Saturday and Sunday are off days and again takes Leave on Monday in that case Saturday and Sundays may be considered as leaves taken. But that is subjected to the policy of the company.
In view of this Tuesday Leave is not a sandwich leave hence will only be considered as one leave.
I also do not like the Sandwich Leave concept Mr. Dhingra

From India, New Delhi
psdhingra

Dear Kamal Kant,
You may or may not like the Sandwich Leave concept. It is not the question of liking or not liking of any individual. Uniformity in policies is a must. Government's policies are made in the common interest of the masses with no flexibility to vary according to the wishes from individuals to individual.
Do you think if the office is closed on account of some holiday, the employee would be compelled to report for duty after availing one day's casual leave and while all other employee's would have the right to enjoy that holiday, the employee on casual leave should be singled out to deprive him of that right?

From India, Delhi
kamalkantps

Dear Mr. Dhigra,

I also think the same way you did. But unfortunately the is no direction from the government on this concept. Due to which companies apply this sandwich rule. In my opinion this rule per se not bad. it prevents mass Leave by employees. but it should not be used in its strict sense if somebody has taken leave on some genuine ground then in such case this rule should not be applied.

Let me narrate an incident with my brother. My brother fell ill Just 1 day before diwali. In that year it was such a situation that on diwali 4 days were off. My brother could not get cured by the end of that holiday period and was advised by doctor for another 4 days rest. Though he took only two more days rest and reported back for duty. His account was debited by 7 Leaves while every other employee had enjoyed 4 days leave. I wrote a letter to his HR with the doctors prescription and only after that he was given the credit of 4 days leaves.

I know how does it feels. but if you see this rule by company prospective it should be applied in a case where an employee who is getting Saturday and Sunday off takes leave on Friday and Monday. Just for amusement. He is off duty for 4 consecutive days and definitely many companies may not be able to afford such leave. Necessity is a different thing if that does this due to some genuine problem this rule should not be applied. that is why i said that depends on company policies. Every company policy should be used in a humane manner, this is my believe. There should be a balance of situation.

Government should come up with some directive on this.

From India, New Delhi
psdhingra

Dear Kamal,

You are an advocate and you could well have fought the case of your brother with the company. If the case related to casual leave only that action on the part of the company was not proper to debit 7 days leave as against 3 days and treating holidays also as part of leave. The company could well have been questioned, had the company opened and worked as usual on the days of holidays, and why all those holidays not been treated as casual leave for all of its employees, including Directors of the company?

Secondly an employee, if goes on leave, wastes his own leave, which he is entitled to. No company allows extra days of leave to him in any circumstance. Company cannot close if some one does not come for duty for one or two days, being on leave. Altternatives, the company does not also earn any profit during the closed days on account of holidays, if the employee is supposed to reach office just to touch the locked office from outside.

It is just the narrow mindedness of certain managers at the helm of affairs that make the situation complex, not for the employees, but also for the entire management due to their egoistic and arbitrary attitudes. Just think why trade union problems arise? Only such type of arbitrary decisions of the management provoke the employees and their leaders when they get fed up with their extremist type of activities with the sincere employees, which further paves way for their becoming insincere towards the organisation. The management, in fact, is required to treat itsl employees like a family.

From India, Delhi
kamalkantps

Sure Mr. Dhingra,
I buy all your views. When i wrote that letter to the company that issue was resolved then and there. He got the credit of 4 leaves. I am also of view that the company should treat their employees as family members but i also think this only for those who treat company as a family. I believe that each situation must be dealt rationally and as per the individual situation of the case.

From India, New Delhi
psdhingra

Dear Kamal,
Thanks for your post. I can only add, respect begets respect. It is all in the hands of the management how to develop their team members. On the basis of my own practical experience of more than 39 years in service before my retirement, I can say, no employee is insincere when he enters a service. Only bad policies of the management make him discontented. Employee, if satisfied with the rationality of the management, becomes an asset for the organisation and also tends to enhance the productivity of his team in general and team head/ organisation in particular.

From India, Delhi
xhr
Dear All,

I have gone through the entire mail trail and understand the perspectives you have shared. Currently we are about a 100 people company and 6 days working. We have our customers working on all Saturday but to teams sincere request, we started to have 4th Saturday off. This initiative has been implemented but immediately we got multiple leaves for various departments for Saturday or Monday or both leaves. Earlier I had these request only on long weekends (due to the holidays) but now due to this becoming a longer weekend, too many people apply leaves on Friday or Monday and it is impacting the work a lot. We were hoping that the extra weekend helps them rejuvenate but instead they end up extending 1 day or two before or after the 4th Saturday.

The worst is that there few of them take it for granted and call for a leave my SMS or call in the morning on Saturday or Monday.

Request you to share how do you suggest i handle this situation since this is impacting the work and timelines and project managers are finding it to difficult to plan mass leaves on such critical days.

Regards,
RPS

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.