No Tags Found!

Rishisharma1
Hi My sister in law is working with a hospital on contract basis and is 7 months pregnant. Hospital is not renewing her contract, can anyone help me with the law on this one?
From India, Delhi
Srinath Sai Ram

Dear Sharma, you have not mentioned whether Employee is covered under ESI? Please upload Contract Appointment Letter how can we help without knowing facts?
From India, New Delhi
Shrikant_pra

Hospital is entitled not to renew contract after its expiry period. She will not be covered under ESI as the act is not applicable to hospitals in most states. If yes, she will get maternity benefit as per the provisions of the act.
From India, Mumbai
Rishisharma1
Attaching contract for everyone's reference.
I understand hospital can terminate a contract but if the basis of termination is pregnancy do you think thats legal ? I thought we have laws to protect women from such discrimination.
Also m not sure what ESI is , can yoi throw more light.
Can someone also tell me if contractual employees are entitled to 26 weeks maternity leave ?

From India, Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: jpg IMG_8827.JPG (193.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8825.JPG (73.1 KB, 22 views)

Srinath Sai Ram

Dear Sharma,Duration of Contract is for 1 Year.please refer to Clause No 5-Ternination of Service, which is self explanatory.Please upload Payslip to determine ESI Applicability.Please let us know whether ESI Act is applicable to institution.
From India, New Delhi
varghesemathew

Hospitals in Kerala are covered under shops and commercial establishments Act. So ESI and EPF is applicable.
From India, Thiruvananthapuram
Srinath Sai Ram

if covered under ESI, Woman Employee can check her eligibility of Maternity benefit by logging to ESI Portal.Non renewal/Termination of contract will not be an issue for claiming MB provided she is eligible to MB
From India, New Delhi
vijendrasharma

Hi
Act clearly says that the employee should be pregnant whether she is married or not. For maternity benefits we are asked to produce proof of pregnancy not source of pregnancy. If any employee get pregnant she will 100% eligible for all benefits under the act. Personal things never considered in the act.
Vijendra Sharma

From India, Bangalore
Srinath Sai Ram

Dear Mr Sharma, Can you please explain in simple words about your post
From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.