Priyanka Maurya
Dear All, Greetings…, In my company there are 50+ employees working on the same floor, sometimes their normal conversations become so noisy, which distracts others. Please suggest how to handle this situation.

Please suggest.

From India, Noida
rkn61

Loitering and/or making noise during duty hours at Shop floor attracts strict disciplinary action.
You can consider displaying a notice at the factory/Shop notice board before initiating action against them. Delegate full authority to the Works manager/Shop floor manager/Production Manager for this. (That is, in identifying personnel who does not pay any heed to Management's advice, and in initiating action against them).

From India, Aizawl
KK!HR

Human beings have a tendency to interact and respond to each other. A shop floor cannot be made into a solitary confinement area. People have social needs and it will be much frustrating for the extrovert type people not to talk. Some diversions and such attention grabbing behaviours make the work situation interesting, otherwise it will be totally dreary.

My humble advice is not to make it a disciplinary issue. If you feel some are becoming a nuisance, let their superiors convey the unpleasantness in a cool manner.

From India, Mumbai
nanu1953

More talking at shopfloor usually due to monotonous type of job. Again monotony is due to unvarying nature of job. In the original post there is no such indication regarding nature of jobs.

What Mr. KK!HR has been posted, I agree to that. I have one more suggestion to introduce light music ( Instrument ) at low volume when employee's monotony will be taken care and the employees will talk less.

S K Bandyopadhyay ( WB, Howrah)
CEO-USD HR Solutions
+91 98310 81531

USD HR Solutions – To Strive towards excellence with effort and integrity

From India, New Delhi
saswatabanerjee

You have already pointed out that 'Normal Conversation' becomes loud.
Therefore, it is not deliberate.

You need to find identify and understand why the noise is there. Is it conversation that is required as a part of the work?
Is it unnecessary conversation and chitchat?
Does it in any way distract from work or cause safety or quality issues?

If it does, then you need to initiate a training that will explain the problem to the workers and show them why they should not talk during their work. You should not initiate disciplinary action when you have not even tried to solve the problem.

If the conversation is a part of the normal discussion at work, or required communication at work, then you need to see who they need to communicate and find ways to separate them or put sound barriers between them. One way is HDPE sheets and curtains. Other way probably is using air curtains. This needs to be studied properly by safety committee or by an industrial engineer. We here on the forum will only be making wild guess work, which is bad if you re taking a decision on that basis.

From India, Mumbai
Priyanka Maurya
Thanks to everybody …!!!
I got a solution for the situation.

I will identify the reason of this situation, accordingly will arrange a training to the team to address the same as well I will put a requesting Notice to everyone to take care of work place pleasantness as well adding soft and low music to the floor is also a valuable suggestion, I will try to implement the same.

Thanks to all once again.

From India, Noida
John Chiang

Attachment is good for employees' safety and health reference. Best regards, John Chiang
From China, Shanghai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf The dangers of noisy workplaces.pdf (1.92 MB, 36 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.