No Tags Found!

Vidhan1988

Hello Ankita mam,

1. Yes, I did mention about the current employer during the interview.

2. The interviewers did not ask me about any notice period clause and in fact anything about my company.

During last 2-3 days I asked as many seniors as possible and I got the answer from almost everyone that they will ask for the relieving letter if the employer was a government organization (They have also written this in the list of documents to be given).

However, as you said, I should be prepared for that also, but there seems no possibility as of now that the company will give me the relieving letter. So I guess all I can do it is to collect all the documents regarding my resignation and willingness to pay for the notice period. I can just hope that this will not create any problems.

1. The recruiter hires through national entrance test followed by interview, which I came to know from newspapers.

2. They did not share any tentative joining date, however I got the offer letter (by e-mail) 1 month before the joining date.

3. They never bothered about my notice period. They would just declare results and give us a joining date. If someone cannot join, they will extend the waiting list accordingly.

I resigned from my current employment the next day after I got the offer letter.

I understand the view of the company too, but sadly there is not much that I can do, and the company also has not been moving from their first stand.

As you suggested, I sent the resignation with revised date on the same day of your reply. But in 3 working days, they have not replied anything about it, as I had expected.

Now I am planning to send the same resignation letter by registered AD also. I have some small doubts regarding that:

1. Till now they have not disclosed anything about the payment I have to make. So I should send the cheque/DD later through another registered post later, on the basis of their response/non-response, right?

2. Is it mandatory that my registered post should reach the company before my last date? Is it possible that the company will say that they will consider my resignation from the date they received the registered post only? I have already sent them the e-mails declaring my resignation, from my official mail ID (Though they have not replied to the mails a single time, only replied verbally).

Thank you and regards,

Vidhan

From United Kingdom
shah01ankita

Hi Vidhan,

I believe you mean to say the company wanted to hire for a position and they placed an advertisement in media (newspaper or others) and you read and applied for the entrance and later cleared the interview.

In this case, surely the company is unsure of the exact dates that they'd bring someone aboard due to several reasons.

Kind of good that they let you know 1 month prior to the joining date so that you can serve the notice period and do smooth exit. (Usual notice period is 1 month)

Yes, since they are hiring in bulk and they already have more candidates then their requirement, they have no need to entertain anybody and fancy their tantrums or problems.

So what should we do? After analyzing the below thing...

Please make the Reg AD soon. It's always better that we send it as early as possible so that we are not liable.

I had a little different scenario. I had to pay rent to my landlord and he refused to take it. After several attempts, what I did was asked a lawyer, drafted a letter, drafted a cheque of the pending amount, took zerox of the letter and cheque, register Ad it to the landlord.

I had put in the letter that I am sending along with this letter a cheque for the rent settlement.

You can as well include foll:

Kindly note that enclosed with this letter is also a cheque dated _____ of amount _______ as salary in lieu of the remaining notice period of ______ days which I would be unable to comply by. The cheque is born on ______ Bank and has ______ cheque no.

Always remember to make the cheque A/c payees and put the name of the company. You can find the name on the salary cheques issued by them to you.

Sooner, the better.

Don't fail to track the records like this -

1) This is to mention that I sent my resignation on DATE via email to PERSON.

2) Since I didn't have written revert for this and only verbal communication happened asking me to extend my last working day from DATE 1 to DATE 2, I resend my resignation with revised last working date as DATE 2 on DATE to PERSON.

3) Again when I did not recieve the acknowledgement of the resignation I sent , I hereby send you my resignation via Register AD to reemphasize the fact that my last working day with the company shall be DATE 2.

A post from senior would actually make it more strong. All the best.

From India, Mumbai
Vidhan1988

Hello sir/mam,

My new employer is a semi-government organization. I think they will not go by logical understanding. They will just go by the rulebook. So if relieving letter is needed, they will not get convinced at all by any other means. On the other side, if I don't tell them, most probably they won't ask for anything (because we are not told to bring any document of the previous employment in the rulebook). This is what I have got to know from the seniors.

About the DD, they will most likely not reply to anything (at least till now they have not replied). So if they do not inform me about the amount to be paid, and I do not pay it, will it not be considered like I have violated the rule? ('Either serving the notice period OR paying the amount' was written in the appointment letter).

If I give them the DD, at least I can say that I have fulfilled my obligation as per the contract. Will it affect adversely in any way?

Please share your valuable suggestions on this.

Thank you for your time and regards.

From United Kingdom
achandra22

no HR would ever take legal actions as these are not one sided actions. it involves them also to spend money, time and resources, courts are also heavy on frivolous claims by company against employees.
you need to be sure that u r not in any data or intellectual property breach... which could lead to criminal consequences.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.