No Tags Found!

Aankit Anand
I am working in the Human Resource Department of a small hospital. However the management is coming up with a new branch attached as Sister firm to the parent organization. I on my executive level is being asked to draft appointment letters for all new joined staff with a condition to mention in it regarding TRANSFER FROM PRESENT INSTITUTION TO OTHER BRANCH AS AND WHEN IT COMES IN FORCE.
I would like to ask HR pundits, that is it ethical in judicial terms to draft an appointment letter with Terms and conditions related to transfer orders inducted into it.
Awaiting replies..!!

From India, New Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Aankit,

Inter-company transfers within the group are common. Nothing wrong if you include this clause in the appointment letter.

Let me give you example of one prominent restaurant chain of Bangalore. Whenever they came up with new restaurant, they did not hire new staffs except lower rung staffs like housekeeping or dishwashers. They transferred two employees from F & B Production, F & B Service etc to this new restaurant. This is how the restaurant became successful right from first day. New staffs were taken in the old restaurants for the replacement. Many were transferred on promotion also.

Every company has certain organisation culture. It is important that in the new business unit, people work who are attuned to this culture. There is a great risk of employing persons in the new business unit who are culture misfits.

All the best!

Dinesh V Divekar

[B]

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.