Anonymous
Dear Seniors,
Wanted your guidance on following situation: What is the procedure from the HR side when an employee decides to leave the organization by paying the basic salary?

Following is the mail received from one of my employee :
In addition to training mail, as per discussed and approved by Mr. X Sir i will serve notice period for 1 month i.e. up to 15-Sep.
For remaining days of notice period i will pay total amount of basic salary.

Kindly check and please let me know for any formalities have complete.
Apart from exit formalities , what reply should be given to employee now

From India, Pune
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

What was the total notice period and whether your company policy / Appointment terms and conditions allow employee to pay partial salary in lieu of notice period. Whether it is Gross salary or Basic salary alone ?

You may discuss with his Superior ( X Sir) and arrive at some conclusion whether his request for partial notice along with pay for balance days and if it is ok you may reply back stating that " Your request to serve notice period up to 15.9.23 along with pay for balance days is ok with us. Please contact HR Department for process briefing "

From India, Madras
Anonymous
Thank You for the guidance

Total Notice period 3 months 1.5 he will be serving , 1.5 month he will pay basic salary to organization.
In this case do I need take employee signature on any letter format stating that he will pay XYZ amount for 1.5 months against his notice period.

From India, Pune
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

In the Resignation letter itself cover everything.

Employee should convey that he is submitting resignation and willing to serve 1.5 months notice period and for balance notice period willing to make payment in lieu of notice period. Take a hand written resignation letter from the employee with signature.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.