No Tags Found!

View Poll Results: What course of action this chap needs to take?
Should ask for written explaination for his termination and fiht for his rights?g 162 68.35%
Forgot the incident as a pinch of salt in his carrier & serach some other job 75 31.65%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

AMIT BAHUGUNA
Hi Friend,
Just read the entire mail ..I think what happened is absolutly unprofessional and out of order or mind..Probably MD is undergoing with pshychic problem...I mean same thing could also be handled and communicated some other way But not with this outcome,It's demotivating too....Anyways friend don't loose hope ,failure can never be final ,So keep looking for some other best option which is waiting for you and worth deserving you as well.
Regards
Amit Bahuguna

Sachin Bendre
I feel he should have challanged the entire thing and asked for a written termination also as an HR officer he can give a show cause notice to the MD also should mark the mail to all the Board of directors and fight for his own right. also should have filed a complain with the Labour commisioner in the end. and infact should have continued to come to office till they give him a termination letter which he can challange in the labour court.....He has lost the Job any way and if the policy of the company says clearly that he need not mark personal mails then he can be terminated that to after giving compensation.....he should have approched the Tata house and spoken to Ratan Tata directly.....
From India, Pune
rkandadai

Hi Cirus....thanks for posting a thread on behalf of your friend...here are my comments....plz dnt mistake me for if i sound a bit odd but...

Guys…we are all HR Professionals…..please understand our basics….First impressions are best impressions:
I don’t understand why we think “because we are HR professionals we are right ?”

Let’s get back to basics; do we forget how to write a formal letter?
I understand that a person is all excited bout joining a new company and he has great talent, all excited a super man but there is a way to express yourself in formal communication.
An introductory email is the formal first email an employee or HR sends to all employees to let others know who you are and what’s your background.

Tell me one thing, what has certain unimportant things about a person got to do with MD or any senior to know about you?

Lets accept the fact that you have done a mistake that one drafted a email and may be you were not conscious enough to check before sending email to all as to whom you are sending and or you have not properly drafted email…..Lets go back to that introductory email…who ever wrote it I request the person to read it twice and genuinely make an attempt to redraft the same…I am sure a better professional expression would emerge out of it.

Regarding MD firing a person I don’t feel that’s wrong as just think about a situation, now you are with 2 years experience tomorrow you become MD and at the very first beginning day of employment of X person, meets you in office and Dances in front of you and introduces himself as …Heyyyy…Yoooo Mannn….howdy….whts up dude…?
Do you like that case?? And you being boss, will you go to him and take him to your cabin and politely say….hey dear x…this is not the way, that you should talk and introduce yourself…bla la bala…I don’t think so….

Remember one thing when we are in office, not all people of are of our frequency….lets take a look at this other way around…We have nothing to do with MD and one of your Sr Manager has felt bad about your email and has a wrong impression about you and then on the job he tries to torture you on the name of correcting your attitude which is not expected behavior according to him on the job…how will that situation be??

Your kind of excitement of introducing youself might have looked fine with an Ad Agency or Media or Sports companies or may not be……but to be frank, I am concerned about you but you will have to accept your mistake…to day its this company tomorrow what if its your own company?

How much time will it take to check your email before you send it to some one and make corrections in time? Do you expect an MD of the company gets that email and he should Coach you on drafting emails and sending emails?

I fully agree your excitement and your talent and performance far beyond expectations of all …..but the Things Which Matters Least must not be at the Mercy of Things that Matters Most…..i know you all might say …this equally applies to MD too but look at each others positions and responsibilities and judge yourself…..

Sorry I might sound little bit harsh but facts are facts….
Remembers guys…don’t expect for all things that what we do, we should get a chance and then actions. We are grown up and you say that the person is professionals and talented person, if so why does he do silly mistake of sending casual email as a introductory email to MD/CEO and TO All List of the company??? That’s strange….

Introductory note , if you put it in right ways….that should be in such a way that people should come to you to know about you, our Journey in any organization will be great n exciting if we unfold ourselves one by one….its left to people to come to you to know more…..

Patience-Perseverance-Focus on the job-our First Impressions-Objectives- Goals in life makes us the best.

I don’t expect anybody to highlight unwanted things in email rather then what really matters…. I don’t see anything…then what’s the use of introductory letter?

Sorry Sir…I can understand it’s hard on you but sometimes a small silly mistake costs us a lots…..please don’t complain and make issues of MD being wrong….you genuinely soul search yourself….you will find answer……Lets get back to basics if we are not there…..

All i see at that Voting % is that we are all looking from our end....but not ready to correct ourselves.....some times life is too harsh on us that it hardly gives us a chance to correct ourselves......

Regards,

From India, Hyderabad
rkandadai

Guys…we are all HR Professionals…..please understand our basics….First impressions are best impressions:
I don’t understand why we think “because we are HR professionals we are right ?”

Let’s get back to basics; do we forget how to write a formal letter?
I understand that a person is all excited bout joining a new company and he has great talent, all excited a super man but there is a way to express yourself in formal communication.
An introductory email is the formal first email an employee or HR sends to all employees to let others know who you are and what’s your background.
Tell me one thing, what has certain unimportant things about a person got to do with MD or any senior to know about you?

Lets accept the fact that you have done a mistake that one drafted a email and may be you were not conscious enough to check before sending email to all as to whom you are sending and or you have not properly drafted email…..Lets go back to that introductory email…who ever wrote it I request the person to read it twice and genuinely make an attempt to redraft the same…I am sure a better professional expression would emerge out of it.

Regarding MD firing a person I don’t feel that’s wrong as just think about a situation, now you are with 2 years experience tomorrow you become MD and at the very first beginning day of employment of X person, meets you in office and Dances in front of you and introduces himself as …Heyyyy…Yoooo Mannn….howdy….whts up dude…?
Do you like that case?? And you being boss, will you go to him and take him to your cabin and politely say….hey dear x…this is not the way, that you should talk and introduce yourself…bla la bala…I don’t think so….

Remember one thing when we are in office, not all people of are of our frequency….lets take a look at this other way around…We have nothing to do with MD and one of your Sr Manager has felt bad about your email and has a wrong impression about you and then on the job he tries to torture you on the name of correcting your attitude which is not expected behavior according to him on the job…how will that situation be??

Your kind of excitement of introducing youself might have looked fine with an Ad Agency or Media or Sports companies or may not be……but to be frank, I am concerned about you but you will have to accept your mistake…to day its this company tomorrow what if its your own company?

How much time will it take to check your email before you send it to some one and make corrections in time? Do you expect an MD of the company gets that email and he should Coach you on drafting emails and sending emails?

I fully agree your excitement and your talent and performance far beyond expectations of all …..but the Things Which Matters Least must not be at the Mercy of Things that Matters Most…..i know you all might say …this equally applies to MD too but look at each others positions and responsibilities and judge yourself…..

Sorry I might sound little bit harsh but facts are facts….
Remembers guys…don’t expect for all things that what we do, we should get a chance and then actions. We are grown up and you say that the person is professionals and talented person, if so why does he do silly mistake of sending casual email as a introductory email to MD/CEO and TO All List of the company??? That’s strange….

Introductory note , if you put it in right ways….that should be in such a way that people should come to you to know about you, our Journey in any organization will be great n exciting if we unfold ourselves one by one….its left to people to come to you to know more…..

Patience-Perseverance-Focus on the job-our First Impressions-Objectives- Goals in life makes us the best.

I don’t expect anybody to highlight unwanted things in email rather then what really matters…. I don’t see anything…then what’s the use of introductory letter?

Sorry Sir…I can understand it’s hard on you but sometimes a small silly mistake costs us a lots…..please don’t complain and make issues of MD being wrong….you genuinely soul search yourself….you will find answer……Lets get back to basics if we are not there…..

From India, Hyderabad
shoumo.chakraborty
Hello HRites, Its surprising to find an incident like this in one of India’s most respected organisations. All the best to you my friend!! Regards, Shomes
From India, Bangalore
shoumo.chakraborty
Hi Ravi, I appreciate your thoughts and understand the irritation felt by the MD, but termination is not a solution!! Regards, Soumya
From India, Bangalore
coraghu
Dear all,
All that is required is to realize that it is not a place for professionals, and understand that there is no scope for creativity. One has to understand that the company cannot run as per the psychology of the MD, but the company should have their own corporate practices. Please send me across your profile so that i can foward your resume to my HR network.
Raghu
Manager - Human Resources for a Software MNC Company.

From India, Hyderabad
hr_umi

Dear Cirus and V*****,

I read the details about the incident. Introducing yourself in such a way is not bad. Its a good way to make people know about you well. But we need to keep something in mind always, there is something called "Organization Culture". Every organization will have its own culture and we need to respect it and get accustomed to it. culture can be changed, but a sudden change may bring some chaos in organization.

The MD who fired you, should have first discussed with HR Head and you in person about this. Dont know whether he got blastings from his head(s). There might be several reasons. They should have inducted you completely about the Culture of TCL in order to aviod such things.

I am also a HR Generalist. I do induct my new entrants on the day of their joining completely about the DOs and DONTs in my company and also about the culture we have. This I personally do in order to make them aware of things which might out them into trouble.

Coming back to your situation now, I would like you to take this as a very good learning in career. Sometimes the good things you do also bring some problems : )

As a HR with 2 yrs exp, you will get very good openings anywhere, but make sure you never ever revel this incident to the new joining organization and also never mention in your profile the experience of TCL. Just search new opporutnities with the certificates of your previous employer.

And as far as justifying your position to the MD is concerned, just send him a detailed mail explaining why you sent a introductory mail mentioning that you didnt have any intention of hurting the organization's culture.

All the very best to you for your future.

Regards,

P Umesh

From India, Bangalore
Michael George

Mr Ravi,,
I am sorry to say that u havent empathised the HR guy. U say the mail written is childish and the big shot can terminate him simply because he slogged for days and got irritated
And pl stop calling HR guy as fool.
I dont see any wrong committed by the HR person.
It simply shows that the MD is not open for new ideas,,, or he does not want people to follow such culture.
Simple solution could have been a advice and not termination
Adieu.

From India, Madras
tushar_cancerian@yahoo.co.in
Hi Ravi
I agree with what you have said , there are HR peoples who favours their known person and do their best to get him selected even though if he is not qualified and a knowledgeable and qualified candidate had to suffer coz of this. With no doubts i wud say that this is wrong on their part if any HR guy does this and moreover if someone raises an issue against such HR peoples i am pretty much sure that everybody woould put a word against him.
Its not about HR guy or anybody else infact its about wrong practices which are being followed either by any HR professional or by any employer we will always support the truth.
Guys pour in more ideas into this!!!!
Cheers
Tushar

From India, Kolkata
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.