sujata1jan

Hi Vandana
Thanks for your inputs. I will try to re-analyse that situation and will find out was that the only coz or what you are telling me could be the reason.
Hey JSF
I could not get it whatever you have mentioned.
Regards
Sujata

From India, Faridabad
JSF35

Sujata,
Go thru this links.
http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/detai...0sessionmgr102
APPLICANT PERSONALITY, ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE, AND ORGANIZATION ATTRACTION.
http://www.psychtesting.org.uk/publi...s.asp?sub=true
JSF

From India, Bangalore
Dr. Jogeshwar mahanta

Dear JSF,
Looking into your seriousness I went to your profile and also some of your previous messages. I love to interact with you.
The content of your messages are highly technical. As far as my experience goes, even the slightest technicality produces jittery here. I do not know what is your experience.
I find that you have given location as "INDIA" but I did not get study from India in your reporting of studies.
Is the personality test standardized in India? If not, be sure if you go to standardize in India then you will find different factor loadings for each test item.
As you know, the nations are graded in Human Development Index. India is a developing nation and I think, its position is 127. As the people move from the least developed to developed, their cognition gets more and more differentiated. So if the test is standardized in India, 5 may be reduced to just 1 or 2. My observations may be startling for you.
regards

From India, Delhi
Sanjeev.Himachali

Dear Sujata
Personalities...have different meaning when used in different context. When used for seniors and experienced profiles...personality means...”how presentable you are”. When used for fresher...most of the time...it means...looks.
Same way the term personality has different meaning when used in different industries. In entertainment industry, in front office jobs, in hotel industry...most of the time...good personality means...good looks.
For a layman in HR and in corporate world...Good Personality means your “how presentable you are”.
Will give more inputs…afterwards
Regards
Sanjeev Sharma
(Blog: http://sanjeevhimachali.blogspot.com/)

From India, Mumbai
Kamalzz

Hi,
Keeping aside the HR jargons...some simple things that contribute to an impressive personality...
Great confidence is a key factor.
Knowledge (knowledge adds to confidence too, the more knowledge you have, the greater confidence you have...right ?)
Communication....speaks well...expresess right...clear and precise (and is a focussed -good listener)
Empathy ( no point if you are unable or grossly fail to "understand" people and situations)
Presentable. ( packing matters...you would'nt want to buy a doormat too if the packing is dusty!....not good looks but a healthy body and soul reflects positive energy...)
Last but not the least "HUMOR"....anyone who has a great sense of humor would always be a great hit with colleagues and people....
Righto ?
Thanks
Kamal

From India, Pune
elamurugumba

Dear Sujata
As Vandana said, if the profile involves meeting clients then the company would look out for people with pleasing looks. Obviously, they are going to represent your company there. They need to be good looking which would be the intial impression to the clients.
The other attributes attached with this pleasant personality involves the communication, response, presentation, etc.
So the looks also play a vital role based upon the role requirements.
Regards
Elamurugu

From India, Madras
Kamalzz

Hi,

Some simple goof-ups (and solutions) that impact your personality:

1. Being fidgety (excessive movement, scratching, foot tapping, repetitive actions) – these all indicate anxiety in some form.

2. Improper/no eye contact (this is a sign of low confidence /poor knowledge)

3. Droopy shoulders – poor self esteem/low confidence

4. Drooling speech/trailing off – unclear/lack of knowledge

5. Walking style – walk…dont drag your feet (that gives a feeling of boredom, look up straight, shoulders straight, head held straight and maintain an even gait… dragging your body)

6. Inappropriate Dressing/grooming blunders (here are a few small things which may not be noticed… however if you are neat on all these it contributes to a presentable personality to an extent)

• Folded sleeves – though a fashion trend may at times be considered as a casual attitude (though there are industries that will consider this as a plus point) Avoid if you are formally dressed.

• Crinkled /crumpled clothes/dirt stained clothes – though may not directly contribute, but they can be taken as a plain carelessness.

• Uncomfortable clothes: Ladies, especially in India where we have multiple options of dressing (sarees, salwar kameezes, trousers skirts etc) please wear what you are comfortable with and can carry it easily.

If you choose to wear skirts ensure the length is comfortable for you to manage and doesn’t make you feel uneasy.

• Ensure you wear your “size”. Buy the best fitting ones.(coats/blazers look bad if they are borrowed and do not really fit your size….it’s easy to spot when you wear a blazer that is not your size ...it droops at shoulders and makes you look silly try it yourself…you’d be surprised to find how many people actually do this)

• Shoes – better be neatly polished, if you are in formals.

• Socks – ensure you wear a good clean pair…no body likes the smell of a dead rat!

• Ladies – avoid high heels if you aren’t comfortable with them(they can give you a droopy walking style if you are not used to high heels)

• Make-up: wear minimum minus the sparkle …heavy pancakes are strict no-no for formal activities... Moreover heavy makeup can’t be managed if you have a hectic work schedule.

• Carry minimum hand baggage; carry only as much as required (avoid the “executive porter look” )

• Nails – should be clean/Ladies have them neatly painted or clear of any nail color marks…not chipped color on nails.

• Hair – well cut and set (if you sport spiked hair please ensure you spike them well if that’s your style, those who don’t know how to please avoid spikes or any funky hairdo for any important meetings and stick to your original style.)

• Facial hear – please be clean shaved, no 5’0 clock shadow. it gives you a sleepy look. If you sport beard and mustaches ensure its trimmed well and set well.

• Body odor – you don’t want to leave a trail of sweat around or exorbitant expensive perfumes lingering behind.

If you sweat excessively avoid the stench using lighter perfumes or deodorants...Avoid going overboard. Some people are allergic to heavy aromas …your perfume may give your clients/colleagues/interviewers heavy bouts of sneezing.

To add to this...you hurt your personality the most when you "pretend"...Be Natural ...the more you are natural the comfortable & confident you would be :)

Thanks

Kamal

From India, Pune
LOLA

personality is a description of consistent emotional, thought, and behavior patterns in a person. The several theoretical perspectives on personality involve different ideas about the relationship between personality and other psychological constructs as well as different ideas about the way personality develops.

The subject of personality has received increasing attention from industrial/organizational psychologists in both research and practice settings over the past decade. But while there is an overabundance of information related to the narrow area of personality testing and employee selection, there has been no definitive source offering a broader perspective on the overall topic of personality in the workplace. Personality and Work at last provides an in-depth examination of the role of personality in work behavior. An array of expert authors discusses the connection of personality to a wide range of outcomes beyond performance, including counterproductive behaviors, contextual performance, retaliatory behaviors, retention, learning, knowledge creation, and the process of sharing that knowledge. Throughout the book, the authors present theoretical perspectives, introduce new models and frameworks, and integrate and synthesize prior studies in ways that will stimulate future research and practice.

From Nigeria, Ibadan
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.