svsrana

hi anoop,

i repeat my earlier post on your question...

--------------------------------------------

tasks may be measurable or not...

if they are measurable we can easily form KPIs..

even if they are not, we can used BARS to convert subjective data/ expert opinion into objective..

incentive can be given to anyone.

we just need to tie in the appropiate kpi to compensation.

lets take the example of housekeeping staff:-

work can be converted in sq feet ( we can specify each person's area)..

next frequency of cleaning (we can have a checklist n take staff feedback too and specify minimum scores)

another would be consumption of materials to show how cost effective they are...

another could be training of junior staff if someone is more exp..

next we can see their attendance, if they take leaves (barring sick leaves or emergencies) without prior sanction means person is unreliable..

next at festival times or high workload, we have a choice: either we can hire extra manpower (both full time or part time) or we can pay them overtime ..

if they get us staff, we can compensate for that too..

-------------------------------------------------------------------

read any JD carefully...2-3 times..

see how to measure the tasks...

if you need help let me know

From India, Delhi
anil.arora

I buy that Mr. Anoop but when we speaks about incentives, terms need to be used as INCENTIVE which is different then Increment or appraisals.
In addition to Mr. Rana's reply, you can also go to PMS system. Your concern is for all employees, therefore, this incentive word can be replaced by APPRAISALS (PMS) too bcz Incentive terms are basically for the purpose what i have stated above.
KPI & Performance Appraisal system (PMS) which are system & procedures for basically measuring the performance of all employees comes under an organization (no matter who is belongs to which department).

From India, Gurgaon
svsrana

i forgot to add one thing.. there was a recent study at HBR: complex (there are too many ifs n buts) and deferred ( quarter to several years) payouts do not appeal to employees...
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.