dineshchavan
Dear Sir,
I am working with a private ltd organisation & take per month salary or a fix salary. For a calendar year we have CL-9Days & PL-21Days & do not have Sick Leaves. My weekly off is Thursday. Now I want to take leave for 13 days (two weeks) from Friday onward & up-to Wednesday as a PL. But our HR dept told me paid holidays or weekly off may be prefixed or suffixed but not both, so they consider two weekly off as a PL & total PL is 14 days. Please explain me the detail reason as per factory act.
Regards,
Dinesh Chavan

From India, Pune
trinath.hr

Dear Dinesh,
As per Factory Act 1948, there is no any details given like SL, CL or PL. As per act every worker who has worked for
a period of 240 days or more in a factory during a calendar year shall
be allowed during the subsequent calendar year, leave with wages for a
number of days calculated at the rate of one day for every twenty days of work
performed by him during the previous calendar year.
Regards,
E. T. Rao

From India
kknair

Dear Dinesh: The Factories Act can support your contention as follows. As per Section 52, the first day of the week has to be a paid weekly holiday, hence the suffix thursday is taken care of. As regards prefix thursday, every thursday for you is a weekly holiday. Hence it cannot be converted into a working day without following the process specified in Section 52. In its absence it would remain a paid holiday. You are not expected to work on thursday and how you avail it is a matter of your choice. But please consult the Standing Orders applicable to you. Unless there is anything to the contrary, the logic of your HR Department fails!!!!
Regards
KK

From India, Bhopal
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.