No Tags Found!

PraveenIP

W e all carry our mobile phones with names & numbers stored in its memory but nobody, other than ourselves, knows which of these numbers belong to our closest family or friends.

If we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call. Yes, there are hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency? Hence this "ICE" (In Case of Emergency) Campaign

The concept of "ICE" is catching on quickly. It is a method of contact during emergency situations. As cell phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under the name "ICE" ( In Case Of Emergency).

The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which number to call. He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name for this purpose. In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital Staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialing the number you have stored as "ICE."

For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc. A great idea that will make a difference!

Let's spread the concept of ICE by storing an ICE number in our Mobile phones today!

From India
Raj Meritech

Dear Parveen,
Really this is a very good idea when any people face any accident or mishappening. Every people should save no. in his mobile according to this method so that any people can get emergency no. quickly.
thanks

From India, Gurgaon
Pankaj Hirani

Hi Praveen,
Its a very good idea. But if will think about layman or any individual, I dont think that he or she will be able to think about ICE number specially at that time. So I would prefer that instead of saving important number by ICE1, ICE2, ICE3... we should also save these number at first and last position in phone book.
Usually when a person open contact info in mobile, in hesitation he or she reach at first or last name. So as per my view this should also be taken care.
cheers-
Pankaj Hirani

From United States
L.Kumar

Dear Praveen The ICE numbering system is already circulated to our company and I have also advisesd all my friends circle to follow the system. L.Kumar
From India, Madras
PraveenIP

Dear All,
Thank you for your coments. We need to circulate a message to all our employees. Please pass the message around to everyone you know so that the world will be aware.
Iy is very important that the helper not the victim should be aware of this number being present.
Thank you all for spreading the word around.
regards
Praveen

From India
PraveenIP

My dear Friend L.Kumar, You have done a wonderful job of spreading the word around. Thank you for your initiation. All of us will need to do this. Regards Praveen
From India
sengailingam

Good idea.
But nowdays especially youngsters store lot of number in their mobile. Searching ICE is little cumbersome.
Instead I would suggest "A" to be added before so that this "ICE" will be placed first in the "Cantact" registry.
Hence, once the contact regostry is opened "A-ICE" will come first it will be more easy to inform the person concerned.
Sengailingam

Anil Shridhar Mulye

Good suggestion only modification suggested is as under: Enter emergency number to appear FIRST in your phonebook by entering following in Name field: A -ICE Emergency
From India, Mumbai
tarunaindia

Hi Praveen
good job infact I was to post this one today anyway you have done a good job ,also note I have also circulated the same within some friends and trying to circulate among more...
good
thnx
tarun

From India, Lucknow
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.