No Tags Found!

alka_p
Dear All, I find myself In am unexpected situation. I am an employee of a reputed PSU.
After having a healthy pregnancy until 34 weeks suddenly on the next regular checkup it was found that the baby had no heartbeat anymore. This was an iufd (in utero fetal death) this was discovered on 34th week and 4 days.
Thereafter the baby was delivered through normal delivery through pain induction.
Please advise what would be my maternity leave eligibility.
As per the provisions of the act, The definition indicates a still born child is also a child and hence my understanding is that I should be eligible for 26 weeks as per the current ammendment.
Also the act specifies that a miscarriage is until the 26 th week of pregnancy.
Please advise if my understanding is correct or misplaced.
Rgds
Alka

From India, Bangalore
honeyanshi

Dear Alka,
If you have a stillbirth any time after the 24th week of pregnancy, you are entitled to 26 weeks maternity leave. You may also be entitled to 26 weeks paid Maternity Benefit provided you satisfy the social insurance (PRSI) requirements. In addition to a completed Maternity Benefit application form, you should enclose written confirmation from your doctor of your PPS number, your original due date, the date your baby was stillborn and the number of weeks gestation.

From India, undefined
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.