No Tags Found!

Anurag Jain

You have not seen your previous post. There were responses from seniors. Be cool and stabilise yourself.
From India, Jaipur
consultme

The ultimate truth regarding any business is 'to make profit'. HR needs to support CEO to make this happen.
From India, Bangalore
Ekta Gandhi
hi,
According to me it would be difficult for HR people of your Co. to terminate so many fresher but it was their responsibilty which they hav to perform.There is nothing about been ethical.nobody would like to do this but they have to.Try to understand if Co dont hav enough funds to pay off these fresher then wat they would hav done.I understand its difficult for all those fresher, but nobody can do anything.M sure one day they all will get good jobs

easyshiv
Hi buddy:
Well if you ask me if it is ethical both yes and no would be the answer.
Any decision being taken in an organisation is like two sides of a coin - certainly it makes some one happy and the other unhappy.
In this case you only worry about those fresh kids who lost their job but whereas from the shoes of Management please remember that they are answerable to the promotors / share holders about each and every expenditure they incur on the development of the organization.
HR is instrumental for not only to add on the best talents to the organization but also to eliminate if that is going to disturbs the growth. You can neither be happy for some one getting the job or be unhappy for someone loosing it.
Cheers~

From India, Madras
Anurag Jain

Dear Pmajgn
Even if you can not remember what you wrote 1 day back; how can you expect from the superior to appreciate the work done on yesterday. May be they forgot your work and presented you a notice of termination. Be sincere and work hard.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Present Post
Dear Seniors..

Your comments are really needed on this post.. Something very bad has happened for which I was worrying about since Yesturday..

This is in relation with my yesturday's post.. ("How downsizing will effect the freshers in company").. There were around 22 views but No REply.. Possible you ppl have not found it worth replying.. But your suggestions are really needed Today.. Pls guide..

https://www.citehr.com/147974-how-ca...o-ethical.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Post
Dear Seniors..

Please suggest me on this..

Right after completing my MBA (HR), I joined my current company 9months back by Campus Selection.. I am fresher & this is my 1st job.. First 7 months were really good.. After Induction, I was placed in Recruitment & was working very well.. My HOD was also happy with me as I have picked up at a really fast speed………………………………………………..
…………………..And I am sitting idle at my desk.. Watching everybody around & getting more & more frustated everyday.. Being a fresher, dont know much about other functions.. Trying a lot to learn new things but no body has time to explain.. Everyday, for the whole office hours, doin NO value addition to my profile.. Sometimes surfing net to increase my knowledge, sometimes helping others in their day to day work.. To keep myself busy, doin all sorts of non value adding activity..

If I will be terminated, what will be my future.. We dont have jobs in the market………………..
https://www.citehr.com/147816-how-do...s-company.html

Even the sympathies of the senior members can not add value to your skills. Its you, who can visualize the scene very closely and decide the best logically.

From India, Jaipur
Madhu.M.S
Dear Friend
Even though am fresher in HR. i would like to share my views in this regard.
Ofcourse we HR ppl are supposed to bring Ethics & values in the organsiation culture i do agree with you. but when it comes to the question of survival of the orgnisation we have to accept it. because organisation exisits then we have talk about ethics & values. I hope my dear firend you understood.
regards
Madhu.M.S.

From India, Bangalore
adnan.khan2008
Dear PMA,
I totally agree with the comments of INNOVATION. everything which is executed following the local labour laws can not be denied. Further in your case, you will easily find the freshers if needed but it will be difficult to find experienced stuff as per your requirement in the market.

From Pakistan, Islamabad
Kamp700693

My dear and disappointed PMA.,

1st of all you congratulate yourself that you are not one amongst many who have been terminated by your company. The company runs on professional values and not emotion & personal sentiments. This is the time when every company has to think before recruitment. I agree and share concern you have with those who left / rather were asked to go from your company but the doors are not closed . I agree the saying that OPPORTUNITY NEVER KNOCKS TWICE but in this jucture, ONLY OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS nothing else then that. We also need to be equally opportunist and finding a better solution, leave it .

Have patience. It is not YOU rather it is WE amongst many other sufferes.

Best wishes.

Manoj Gupta.

Your comments are really needed on this post.. Something very bad has happened for which I was worrying about since Yesturday..

This is in relation with my yesturday's post.. ("How downsizing will effect the freshers in company").. There were around 22 views but No REply.. Possible you ppl have not found it worth replying.. But your suggestions are really needed Today.. Pls guide..

"Yesturday the managemnt of our company has terminated a bunch of freshers with Immediate effect".. Many of them were my own batch mates.. Those people were not been given any intimation even a day before termination.. Does an Ethical HR practice allow this??

In current economic conditions, termination is acceptable.. The companies are forced to do this to survive.. But is it the right way to terminate any employee?? Without giving any intimation in advance?? I am really VERY VERY disappointed with this.. How can my companies' HR has allowed this?? The worst part is that they themselves were involved in this.. Though the terminated people have been payed the Noitce Period Amount.. But Can it compensate to what disappointment they have felt ??

We HR ppl are supposed to bring Ethics & Values in Organisation Culture.. Then how can we ourselves avoid it??

Dear Seniors, Please comment.. I expect your responses atleast on this post.. [/quote]

From India, Gondia
sunilbuttan
Dear PMA,
Its really sad but at the same time hard reality currently. We cannot get away with it.
I strongly feel that terminating employees without even a days notice is not right. All of us are going through a recession period. Its our responsibility as a people's person to think through it from both angles. Why can't we strongly present our point of view to the management with suggestions like, they should be given atleast 15-20 days notice with a list of good consultants so that the reputation of company stays intact.
Rgs.

From India, Delhi
Jai1736

Hi
Lots can be said ,for and against , about the situation which you have described and therefore I will not comment on it. However one thing which I personally believe is that the Management must come out with a communication giving reason for any decision which may impact work climate and morale in the organisation. It is not justifying the decision but coming out openly telling about it and the reason.
Management decisions like what you have described can not be ruled out because of the business necessities .Nevertheless their proper communication across organisation is also so very necessary.
Jai.

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ฎ

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.