No Tags Found!

curious_hr_guy

R/Seniors,
I am working in a FMCG manufacturing Firm. Can anyone help me out How should i Get Rid of Such Practices that i Have mentioned In my Topic.
Almost every Supervisor and Few Labours in our Company has habbit of Chewing Tobacco and Supari(Kharra), and Since We our Manufacturing Eating Food Products Its Not Advised to Follow Such Kind of Bad Habits.
Serious action are taken against the labors like Deduction of some amount from their salary as a Penalty. But no Action is taken against the Supervisors..

I Would Be Glad if someone can help me On this..

From India, Nagpur
Lokesh_juneja

Although this post seems old hope you might have got the answer/ Solution . But if not then first of all you need to convince your Top mgmt about this . If they are with you then you can put a very strict memo and connect this point to the performance appraisal. Also the memo should be signed by Managing director of company. Also try to arrange some Camp / Invite a NGO who can educate the people abt harmful effect of eating tobacco.
One thing you need to keep in mind that you can't eradicate this issue at one go. it will take time as its a habit. Also you can mark an area whr these people can eat tobacco.
Let me know if all this does not work.

From India, Mumbai
s.pandian

Hi Friend,
I too faced the same problem in my firm. As we were not able to control it, we thought of stopping it inside the shop floor. We had a check point by the security to check the workers for it, and a poster highlighting "No Entry-for Tobacco Products", was placed in many points in the shop floor... it yielded good result. Instead of penalizing the employees, u can try for controling its entry inside the floor... You can also have policy like things for the same. Hope it helps u.
Subha.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.