No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I was asked to resign from my current employer and I signed the resignation letter (after a day full of fights) stating that I would like to get relieved after 3 months from the current date, as per the offer letter.
When I reached home, I got an email from my HR to my personal ID saying that my resignation has been accepted and I will be relieved from all duties at the end of the 3rd month as per the offer letter. There was also another line that says, "You need not attend office from tomorrow onwards and we will proceed with your exit formalities on the last working day." My account ID is locked and I can't log-in to the intranet portal now.
I want to go to the office for the next 3 months. I'm planning to talk to HR later today regarding this as a request and appreciate your professional help in legal and ethical approach. Thanks!

From India, Krishnagiri
umakanthan53

I think that the poster would have tendered his resignation with prospective effective i.e., effective from a future date inclusive of serving the entire period of 3 months as per the contract of employment. Instead If the employer accepts it immediately and relieves him forthwith, it amounts to a counter offer by the employer which requires the acceptance of the employee i.e., the poster. In such a situation, to implement his decision, the employer should pay salary for the entire notice period. The concerned HR would be aware of this legal position. But, of course, a HR has to act like a pawn at the hands of a defiant employer.
The poster can stake a legal claim for the notice period salary.

From India, Salem
Anonymous
HR said, "We accept your resignation and note that you will be relieved of your duties from XYZ Company as per the terms and conditions of your offer / appointment letter by 30th April, 2021 which shall be your last working day."
I just want to go to office till then. Can HR block this legally?

From India, Krishnagiri
KK!HR

"You need not attend office from tomorrow onwards and we will proceed with your exit formalities on the last working day." This is a cleaver ploy by the HR/employer to deprive you of your notice pay. They will show you to be on the rolls till 30th April 21 without paying you any salary. So you should stake claim for salary for the notice period as you are being prevented from attending to your office, though you are wanting to work there. The Security may have been instructed not to allow you inside, may be the attendance system might have blocked you. It is worth making a try to find the real position, if you are able to go inside the office, you can meet the officials concerned and put up physically your claim for salary for the notice period. Otherwise send them a letter stating the above.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.