No Tags Found!

jm

Hi,
Ours is an IT firm. I have designed the appraisal policy for the employees, which says there will be a review of the performance twice a year & a salary hike once in a year. That means a person if joins will get the performance reviewed after 6 months, but his hike will be after 12 months. So, we have appraisal reviews done in June & January.
But, now i am confused as to the joinees who have joined in the months between. For eg, if a person joins in October 2007, can we do his review in December 2007 & give him the salary hike in June 2008 ? But is nt it short a period to do the same? If not, what should be the minimum period for doing the performance review & salary hike?
Please give me suggestions
JM

From Oman, Muscat
payal_bhat

Hi,
It has to be dealt on a case to case basis. It also depends on what is committed at the time of closing the offer.
Eg Say if a person joins in Dec 2007 you give him a slighlty highre package then what he expects with a raise in June 2009.
Else Give him slightly lower package with a raise in June 2008. Having mide perforemce review in a month or two is not an advisable activity.
Thanks,

From India, Delhi
payal_bhat

Hi,
It has to be dealt on a case to case basis. It also depends on what is committed at the time of closing the offer.
Eg Say if a person joins in Dec 2007 you give him a slightly higher package then what he expects with a raise in June 2009.
Else Give him slightly lower package with a raise in June 2008. Having mid performance review in a month or two is not an advisable activity.
Thanks,

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.