naveensharma02

Hi all, Dear Friends, I am Naveen Charm I am working in Manufacturing Industry in Pane as a Asst. Manager HR. I have done and implemented Competency Mapping procedure in my company. which is i am sharing all of you. attaching one file of my presentation. surly it will be helpful for all of you.
Thanks
Naveen Charm

From India, Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: ppt competency_mapping_182.ppt (133.5 KB, 1474 views)
File Type: ppt competency_mapping_182.ppt (133.5 KB, 606 views)

chandrasekhar_7203

Dear Naveen,

Your Powerpoint presentation looks quite flambouyant. You may have made a good impression on the Top management by presenting this. Sometime back one old-man who was a teacher in HR commented, "an Executive is someone who talks in such language/manner only Executives can understand....".

Going by that definition, I am sure you will very quickly rise to Executive level. This is the problem with all MBAs and IIM graduates too.

You have explained "what is competency mapping", you did not explain "how it is done"....this is my observation. For instance, two friends were discussing about how to reach Delhi, in Hyderabad. A asked the question how do we reach Delhi. B replies either by Air or by Train.

But there can be many more "hows" after that "preliminary how". If you go by Air, "how do you go by Air", if you go by Train, "how do you go by train?".

In one visual, there is a heading called "Competency assessment". Under the head, it is written "following methods are used" - Assessment /development Centre, 360 degree Feedback, Role plays, Case study etc. Of all these methods, specifically which method you have used? How it was used?

That is not mentioned. If Competency is "individual specific" what would be the impact of personnel leaving the organizations on competency mapping? How often competency mapping is done, keeping in view every year many existing employees leave the organization and outsiders join the organization, what is the resultant impact of this float on competency mapping? What is its relationship with performance appraisal? Which department under HR hierarchy uses this tool? What is the purpose of competency mapping, how does it contribute to the bottomline of organizations?

I feel many HR professionals beat around the bush on this subject without understanding the basic concept with clarity.

thanks and regards

Chandrasekhar

From India, Hyderabad
Anjali Tejani
Hi Guys,
I want to learn more about Competency Mapping as HR...
Chandrashekar...I think you wrote a good review for Naveen's presentation.
Can you suggest some readings/materials/articles/case studies on this Topic, if you know any .........
Rgds,
Anjali

snehapandey
thannks sir for providing such good presentation i would like to know that what r the steps we should keep in mind while doing competancy mapping of an employee
From India, New Delhi
chaitanya2185

can any one send me a project report on comeptancy mapping urgently please. it is costing me 40 marks of my subject.
From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.