No Tags Found!

naseer
Congrats Sari for raising such intresting topic

From my point of view it is perception, whether some one percieves the work as Delegation or dumping, in a win win situation there is no dumping but gaining, that's how the age old management's SWOT speaks about, and is vital, intact the test of time.
A right men must position him self in a right atmosphere, unless he is not authorised for trendsetting, cultural setting and change implementations.
Here is again resistance to change by the Seniors.
Emphasise on the slogan that EVERY ONE NEEDS TRAINING
and send all the seniors for diffrent selected modules of training, we have witnessed that, these old seniors have literally cried infront of the trainers that, how was their behaviour with their workmen and peers.
Keep it up your modern management techniqures, soon the mass will follow you.
The days of ORDER or even INSTRUCT are obsolete, you have to strive for every individual working with you, for his goal and the organisation's goal.
Involve yourself with your workmen to get the things done.

From Saudi Arabia, Al Khobar
Sari

Thank you all for your suggestions :)
I am in the process of hiring a trainer to train the staff....
thanks to one and all once again :) :) :) for sharing your wonderful ideas
i shall definitely update you all about whether if had worked or not :)

From India, Hyderabad
Jeroo Chandiok

Well, if you can't exercise the obvious solutions mentioned above, at least do one thing.
After instructions have been given from above, write down what you think you have been told in a memo to the higher up, and ask him/her to confirm that this is correct. Say if you do not receive any written instructions to the contrary, you will take it that whatever you have stated in your memo has been approved, and proceed to do exactly what has been stated.
If there is any problem later, you can produce the memo and clear yourself.
Try.
Jeroo

From India, Mumbai
Bob Gately

Hello Sari:
>I am in the process of hiring a trainer to train the staff....<
That is a good first step since managers like to train employees when the employees are less than successful.
Will the managers be trained as well?
If employees are trained more than their supervisors, is that a good thing or bad thing?
Will training be blamed if employees don't respond accordingly?
If employers teach their employees how to behave and the managers don't behave the same way does that encourage cooperation or resentment?
Management often invests in training when their own behavior is the problem.
If you need your job, be careful.
Bob Gately

From United States, Chelsea
arun29478

Dear Sari,
Skip level meetings help in the seniors understanding the problems of the subordinates. You can also try open house to device new ways of dealing with the issue. I would suggest you to have a grievance box, the issues that u recieve, can be discussed with a team comprising of the senior people. You can, for the maximum participation from the seniors, call them "the change agents". As the name suggests, they will be responsible to bring in change in the organization. I will think about the issue and revert incase i can think of anything which could be helpful.
Regards,
Avi.

From India, Bangalore
thinkjobz

Hi Bob,

IF I MAY....

Training can be done except for the top management if a notice or a memo can be issued in the office for the same explaining it as an effor to make the workplace a better place.

I generally would opt for aptitude and leadership training than technical.

I recently had the pleasure of coming across such a person who had done a similar training wherein he met with each individual seperately and then formed small groups and then had a big group. It was less of training and more of a discussion.

Results cant be expected immediately but once any individual comes to know about his flaws or shortcomings atleast we can expect him to work on it.

We cant always expect a 100% response from the employees be it a manager or a junior level employee, as well I believe anything done with a good intention and conveyed in a similar manner would never hamper the workplace.

Also making sure that its a comfortable place that the personnel have their training would also help their attitude of attending the same.

Regards,

AJ

From India, Thana
johnny pinto
These are Human Behaviours which one cannot predict.Its maily to do with persons lack of Management or just his/her ego. A Good Manager irequires to be a good Leader .
From India, Bangalore
naseer
Hi Bob,
Naseer here,
Training is a continous phenomeneon, not just limited to any level of heirarchy
As No humanbeing is ideal same is with learning and training, even the trainer does needs the training.
Coming to blame game, in my perview training is INVESTMENT thus deployed cautiously, Blame should go to the " Case study of individual behaviour" to this effect COMPETENCY MAPPING and SUCCESSION PLANNING is must.

From Saudi Arabia, Al Khobar
Bruncha

Hello,

It appears that this is a sensitive issue: those who perceive they are dumped upon can not or will not address the issue, and allow feelings of helpless and anger distract them from their work.

Seniors, from what you have articulated, perhaps feel they have "earned" the right to pass on work without the type of clear communication Sangeetha has mentioned. The result...the breeding ground for a toxic and passive agressive work culture.

One suggestion might be that the concern for effective delegation be brought up as an "organizational effectiveness issue"; no one person is blamed and targeted.

Find one "champion' within the organization who delegates well to write or communicate about his/her successes and offer a "checklist" for effective delegation. Circulate information of best practice. Raise the issue to a level of importance instead of just a "grumble"

For the " dumpees", I understand their frustration, in my career progression I experienced that from a senior professional. What I learned to do was to say, when I was overwhelmed or just was given to much to do, was the following.

So and So, I am always happy to assist the department meets its objective and goals, however, at this time I have several important tasks on my plate. To take on this additional task will require time and resources, can you guide me and suggest to me how you would like me to re-order my current responsibilies? Something will have to go to a back burner, and I would like your expert guidance on how to make this happen.

Often the task was handled by them or given to soomeone else capable of performing it. I found it to be an effective, clear, and non-confrontational push-back.

What do others thinks?

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Ben Nyambe
Hi!
This serves to introduce myself. Am Ben Nyambe an HR Generalist Practitioner employed by Zambia National Building Society aquasi Government Organisation whose main function is to provide housing finance to both corporate & individual customers.
My position is that of Snr Manager HR.
Regards to you all.
Ben

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.