No Tags Found!

vinnu123
I worked in Genpact for 4 yrs 6 months.I joined one more company and did not transfer my PF.My over all exp as of now is 5 yrs, 3 months.I have few queries..
1) If i want to with draw my PF from the old company, how much tax will be deducted.Will my over all exp be counted or just 4 yrs 6 months when withdrawing.
2) Can i transfer it to the new company and then withdraw from the new company.will it count my exp as more then 5 when i transfer.Is there a way where i can avoid tax on this.Coz PF+VPF is one kind of saving and when i withdrawn, if it is taxable, then it is of no use...
3) How much % of our PF amount can be withdrwan from the current company if it is for house purchase purpose.
Thanks,
Vinnu

From India
Manish.Kumar
Dear Vinnu,
The PF amount is non taxable however there is a slab upto a limit one gets tax benefit when it is withdrawn similarly to contribution to VPF, Confirm the same from current status from Finance dept. or PF office.
You can transfer the PF amount to the new account (company)
In case of transfer your service for pension purpose will be counted as of your previous date of joining.
For house loan you can withdraw 50% of your share and your service must be at least five years old and there are so many formalties.
Manish Kumar

From India, Lucknow
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.