No Tags Found!

vijay_shankar

Dear Joe,
Same was my query also. I have 08 years of experience but the institution I joined for pursuing MBA is not so reputed (NIBM Chennai), I am also wondering whether it will have any effect on my future job prospects.
Regards,

From India, Bangalore
vijay_shankar

Dear All,
Please visit my thread in this regard. I have also raised same issue. If experienced people also require the support of the degree / diploma from reputed institution or a mere degree will do in the name of fullfilling admissibility criteria.
Regards,

From India, Bangalore
sparky

This issue is one of perception. Surely the guy that holds a job down and gets an MBA is demonstrating his ability to work hard under very trying and protracted conditions?
If the companies that you are applying to cannot see this, then they are not worthy of having you as employees. - It is their loss.

From United Kingdom, Glasgow
colvirendra

Joe,
Your disappointment is genuine and justified. However in the long run, you will have oppurtunity to prove yourself in senior positions as well provided you make use of the HR exposure which you are getting now, people do reject part time MBA because most of the time they do not find them competent ,they generalised a situation which need not to be generalised because some of part time MBA's are no less competent but these people have to prove their competence on ground. Meanwhile develop your skill set, show it on ground in discussions , you will have your chance.
Col Virendra

Chanda Batra

Hi Joe,
You are misunderstanding here.Yes,the organisations do prefer HR-MBA's/PG's,but it's not a mandate.If a person can prove himself/herself as an excellent HR Professional at the time of an interview then the qualification bit can be easily ignored.The same is in the case of IT Industries.Yes,the organisations are really keen on hiring IITn's/B.Tech's from reputed university,but at the time of an interview if the candidate proves himself to have exceptionally great knowledge and experience then the qualification bit can be easily ignored.....So,the crux is that you just need to be excellent in whatever you do and the knowledge you carry :)

From India, Delhi
Priyanm
Hi Joe,
I agree that some companies prefer full-time MBA to a part time or diploma holder. This is because they feel that the part timer or diploma holder does not have the relevant knowledge or experience. In many colleges these courses are not at par with the full-time curriculum. But don't lose hope. We can cover this up by taking relevant job experience from a small-sized company.
Good luck to you.
Regards,
Priya

From India, Mumbai
george316592
Dear all, I think experience should matter and being an MBA or not should not matter one Question : Is a Post Graduation Diploma in HR the same as MBA in HR If not how valable is it.
From India, Mumbai
neilcool
Dear All,
As a matter of fact, DLP MBA in HR are offered , but why .. these are made available.. to say enhance are skill level. But i don't understand when DLP are not given a weigtage by the top companies even if you have required experience level and perhaps you can deliver more than that of a regular MBA candidate. A BIG QUESTION MARK to the companies who actually don't scale up the candidate according to the performance or the experience level.
There has to some solution in this regard.
Either the content of the DLP MBA materials
Way/Patern of delivered (which is not considered as a serious study wherin in regular course it is considered).

From India, Delhi
krithikab
Joe,
Its nice to have a very relevant issue being brought up here. I have friends in consulting organizations and we see a clear distinction here. Most companies, if not all, certainly specify that they want full time MBA graduates for their HR positions, irrespective of the years of experience they are looking at.
Though mid-sized companies do not differentiate,,,, this cannot be generalized for all. There is certainly a mind set that part time courses & DLPs do not guarantee a knowledge base as good as the one a full timer brings to the table.
Regards,
Krithika

From India, Bangalore
gauritomar

Dear All,
I am agreed with his views , it happend with me also, I got a chance to do full time mahrm/mba-hr from uk and indian university too,due to some personal reasons could not do it , so I took up DLP course in HR . Iam facing same problems . Organisation meant to be equal oppurtunity employer but in reality scenario is different . I have mentioned it earlier too , It has becoming a serious concern that why university and institutes introduce such dlp courses in HR . People face such circumstances in their lives where they cant continue their education. India is a developing country and people are not so prosperous to coninue their higher studies . They dont even get funded by Government.
I believe Company should not be so rigid and have flexiblity in hiring a hr professional .
Regs,
Gauri

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.