No Tags Found!

rupeshbhat
Apart from agreeing to all what is relied to your post I feel the most important reason for 1st HR round is because HR exec is the person who knows his organization well than any one else in the company.
He/she is the right person to judge if the said candidate to be interviewed can fit in the culture of their organization. Can organization rely on the candidate for getting the job done.
But most of the HR Execs. forgets this prime objective and ends up formalizing the secondary above mentioned objectives.
Regards
Rupesh

From India, Pune
ShaliniAmit

So Effectively HR screening helps the organization to save upon time , cost and overall smoothness. HR is the backbone of any organization !!!!
From India, Mumbai
Ryan

shaliniamit,

You said I don't agree.

In terms of functionality, (especially in a startup), it would be like this:

Organization's face : customer service / sales / marketing

Organization's backbone : Administration

Organization's circulatory system : Finance / Legal

Organization's brain : strategic team / top management

Organization's cleaning system : internal audit / quality

Organization's heart : HR

As you can see, I have drawn a parallel to the human body. ALL of the above have to work as a team, else.... I don't need to specify more, do I?

Now - to the topic under discussion -

HR takes the first round to assess (some points are repeated here):

1) communication skills

2) Attitude

3) Team working

4) PASSION

5) Basic job aptitude

6) Personality suitable for the job.

All this can be done only through using Behavioural Interviewing Techniques. Psychometric tests are available, but are not absolute indicators possible performance - though the DISC inventory comes quite close.

Unless an HR is aware of or has studied technical stuff in his academic career, only then he is qualified to take a technical assessment.

Now the other question - why doesn't a technical person assess the above 6 areas. Again, unless there is exposure to understanding and working in these specific areas, only then can the tech person give feedback on this. HR folks are supposed to have studied and understood these "soft skills" enough to be able assess them in interviews. The sad truth is that this skill comes only with lots of practise in taking interviews. And many HR people (2-3 yrs exp) have no real idea about how to assess these traits. However, I have had technical people give me feedback on communication, attitude and personality which was good enough to be used in final selection.

It is quite subjective.

Regards

Ryan

From India, Mumbai
U.K.Singh

Trait and personality has been defined in the chapter types of Leadership. Those who have MBA/HRM qualification can locate the chapter and find the definition/differences. Those who do not have qualification have to differentiate between trait and personality out of his own perception by virtue of his indepth knowledge of social engineering. A leader possess both trait and personality. A leader with good personality without trait is less successful in comparison to a leader with more trait than personality. Try to differentiate between hit and fit. Some time comparatively a hero with less personality and talent but having trait becomes more popular than a hero having good personality without trait. Personality is developed with indepth knowledge/talent and not by his physical posture. Dear friends please eloberate more on this topic so that we can understand more about trait and personality.
From India, Calcutta
praveenpalamuttam
The HR person checks whether the candidate suits for the entire system The technical panel tests his competency on basis of a particular project /job profile
From India, Thiruvananthapuram
durga2

Hi Friends,

According to me the HR round is taken first because the most important thing which is undoubtedly more important than judging the technical knowledge is judging the attitude, behaviour of the candidate & which can be understood no better than HR. If a candidate is technically sound but he has attitude problems like he does not listen his boss or he has feeling that he is always right than such people generally are neither a good team member nor a good team leader.

Jst few days back I took an interview & asked the candidate that why does he want to leave his present company & he replied coz his boss is not technically sound & he is not able to grow under his guidance. Then I asked why did he leave his previous co. & the answer was same. It shows that either the candidate evaluates him very intelligent & can not work under anybody or his behaviour is problematic. If people have this complaint that their bosses are not knowledgeable so let me tell these guys that its not ur boss who would make u knowledgeable its only u who can upgrade ur knowledge. Ur boss will only motivate & keep ur spirit alive & bring the integrity in the team & manage the behaviours like urs in the team.

Wot Say?

From India, Delhi
Yogita.Sharma
Why HR takes prelom round of interview..
1.In order to keep recruitment process organised....
2.To check on behavioural traits....
3.Verifrying Deatils like, exp, salary etc.
4.Warm up session for the candidate so that he gives his/her best
Regards,
Yogita

From India, Chandigarh
Nawas

Thanks guyz your valuable info, I too agree only HR people can judge the candidates attitudes as well as competencies. Moreover we have to makesure benefits r withing the budget. Aftr all we'll ve to go through reference& background checks.
Thanks

From Kuwait, Kuwait
anilsawai
I am agreeing for all the above comments, there is one thing i.e. if u sagrigate the % of interview, only the 30 - 40 % will goes for technical aspects / knowledge & the rest % is for your personality, candidtes seating positions, body language, communication skill, analytical thinking & above all his background. These are the main things for which only the HR person can judge the candidate.
rgds,

From India
prathima ksheerasagar

hai all, Above what are mentioned are all correct. I want to add few 1) Attitude 2) Responsiveness 3) Communication Skills 4) Knowledge 5) Stability And many more......... Thanks & Regards, Prathima
From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.