No Tags Found!

sree.zbsgroup

Hi Roshini,
Exactly to say 4 Compulsory National holidays has to be given and 5 festival holidays as per the wish of company. some companies if any festival falls in sunday the will provide a componsate the holiday which is not necessary i think so. If wrong pls correct me.

From India, Madras
Roshni R

Hello Mahesh We have covered 4 national holidays and festivals ....... please tell...how we can explain the old staffs
From India, Mumbai
maliniluky

Dear Roshini,
In our company we give 12 holidays per annum and in case if any holiday falls on sunday there is no need to compensate with any other festival.
Just publish Holiday list for 2010 which even includes the date, month and day( Even menton those days that fall on sunday). Send it via mail and publish a copy on the notice board(Get it signed from ur management+seal). Underneath clearly mention that company is not responsible if holidays fall on sundays and no compensations encouraged. Make it as a policy.
If old staff start making it an issue just tell them that few decisions are taken by management and we should go according to it. Dont allow ur old staff or other employee to point fingers on any of the HR Policies. Make it clear stating that its management decision

From India, Madras
maliniluky

Call those people and tell them that according to your company policy only 11 holidays is allowed per annum and now HR has compensated 4national and festival holidays as they did fall on sundays.
In case if HR has to mention those days in the list then that will lead to 15days for that particular year which is against the policy and rules & regulations of the company.
Tell them that policy can be amended at any point of time and from next year onwards HR will publish the complete list of holidays for a year and they are not responsible if holidays falls on sundays and no compensations encourages henceforth.
If they still argue tell them that its management decision and there is not much that you can do. Every should follow what management says

From India, Madras
hr_pr
hi as per the gov norms; they are usually 30 for contract employees (ftc) bifurcated ; 18 - 12 - for regular emp birfurcation 20 - pl 20 - sl 15 - cl apart from ph as 15th aug / 26 jan
From India, Ahmadabad
Roshni R

Actually staffs require that the leave should appear in the list...if at all it falls on sunday
From India, Mumbai
R.N.Khola

Dear Roshni,

You have not mentioned that whether this was a national or a festival holiday which was compensated by you by giving another holiday but even then I would like to give my opinion/comments as under with the hope that this may help you to some extend.

It is not necessary that we are to grant the same festival holiday each year. We are to grant 11 holidays to the employees out of which three are national which we can not be changed as their days/dates are already fixed but the festival holidays can be changed & thus we can give other festival holidays in that year where their happens to be weekly off day on that particular holiday. In my State if the unit is covered under the Punjab Industrial Establishment (National & Festival Holidays & Casual and Sick Leaves) Act, 1965 then the festival holidays are to be determined/ settled with the consent of the representatives of the workmen & in that case why they will accept that festival holiday which falls on Sunday/weekly off day of the unit. Now coming to the subject matter of grant of National holidays which falls on Sunday i.e. rest day/weekly off day & in this case the employer is statutorily bound to grant these National Holidays on the days which are already declared by the Govt. Now most of the people relating to HR department says that as this a weekly off day we are not to give any payment of national holiday & we are only to pay wages for the rest day/ the weekly off day. In my opinion we should pay wages/ salary for both the days i.e. weekly off day/Sunday & for the National Holiday & the reasons being that after working for six days I am entitled to weekly off day with or without wages as the case may be along with the wages of national holiday day which falls on Sunday as the workmen/ employee is to be granted holiday with wages & not only holiday without wages. Applicable Act says that all the N & F Holidays are to be granted as paid holidays. I have also discussed this matter with some of our labour department officers they are saying verbally that payment of national holiday is not to be given, if the day falls on Sunday but this is my personal opinion as the State law under which these Holidays are declared & granted is also not also clear & because of this up till now we could not receive a considerable number of views to finalize the matter. This type of situation happens rarely when national holiday falls on the Sunday.

Before finalizing the matter in hand you are advised to consult your labour law advisor & the senior officers of the law enforcing agency. You should also go through the relevant Act under which you are supposed to grant these National & Festival Holidays.

Opinion/comments submitted as requested.

With Regards,

R.N.Khola

From India, Delhi
maheshb79hr

Roshni,
Very well... To the question which I asked you ,where is your location ? I didn't get a reply on that..
You shall check with the Shop & Commercial Establishment act in your state. It would give you the clarification of how many compulsory holidays have to be given in that state to the employees. Just take that into consideration and inform the employees on that regard.

From India, Bangalore
maheshb79hr

Dear sree.zbsgroup,
What you have said is right.. Total 9 compulsory holidays have to be given.. Apart from that it's up to the management decision that they can give them extra holidays or not.
In festival holidays, some companies take the management caste into consideration and give holidays accordingly.. For example - Ramzan wouldn't be a holiday but a Muslim employee would be given a paid holiday on that day. Not other employees.

From India, Bangalore
sumitk.saxena

Hello colleuges,
Greetings for the day,
first of all i want to draw your attention towards the forum questioned for holiday rather than leave (EL,CL,SL whatever it may be) as far as i am concern we are providing 11 holidays which includes 3 national holiday, 1 labour day, 7 festival holiday.
thanks & regards,
from,
sumit kumar saxena,
09899669071, 0120-4131277

From India, Ghaziabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.