No Tags Found!

Ameya11
Hi there, My employer has taken online consent that I should complete a year using HR software.
However, the same was not communicated at the time of the interview and on the employment agreement.
Can I still leave job before one year.
Thank you.

From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, When it was not communicated to you in advance during interview process then why you gave your consent through online ?
From India, Madras
Ameya11
They have taken saying it is mandatory. Does this have a stand legally?
From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

It depends on the content of the consent.

Strictly speaking Employers cannot make unilateral changes to the agreed terms in an employment agreement ( in the middle), unless the terms of the employment agreement allow the employer to do so.

From India, Madras
alok-singh1

Hello,
For transparent information you should have discussed regarding this before signing.
Going further you can discuss with the Head-HR regarding the same I think this happen due to communication gap.

Ameya11
Thank You so much for your valuable suggestion. Content was which I remember was for traning and but I had not received any special traning.
From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

If the Employer is imparting Training for an Employee then Employer can ask the employee to sign the training agreement.
Training Agreement is a legally valid. Training Agreement should have the terms and conditions of any training that is provided to the employee and also it should establishes the cost of training. In case of any violation of training agreement, the employer should substantiate the money incurred for training and cannot claim money just like that. While the physically signed Training Agreements itself are violated easily the status of online consent that one will stick with employer for one year is a big question mark only.

From India, Madras
Ameya11
That’s what is making my brain twist, as I have better opportunity elsewhere. My only concern is that, this concent should not come in between me leaving the organisation.
From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

When you are not sure of continuing with the employer for one year period you shouldn't agreed for one year term ( gave the consent ). Where ever possible try and finish the one year term or at times employer will accept extended notice period for such category of employees. Without knowing the content of the consent we can't give you false assurance that it is not valid or so.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.