No Tags Found!

rahulkhanna701
Hi Guys,

I got 3 offers around 2 weeks back out of which I accepted 1 and joined the company. Now, here comes the catch.

I had accepted the offer on mail which did not have much information like notice period, benefits etc. It just had the CTC part and few other insignificant information which I accepted (on mail only) and I was told that I will be given detailed appointment letter on joining (I was told this verbally only though).

I have still not got the appointment letter which I heard that I will be getting after around 2-3 weeks from now. I am not liking most of the policies here in this company and have other offers still on hold.

Can I reject the appointment letter after I get it from HR to sign it. For e.g. I heard (I am not sure though) that notice period in probation is 1 month as per the appointment letter.

1. Can I reject the appointment letter saying 1 month notice period during probation was never told to me and it is not acceptable to me?

2. If yes, then how can I leave the organization based on this ground after rejecting?

3. What will happen to my salary for this month in that case?

I know this might not be ethical to do to an extent. But companies have also taken advantage of me in the past and right now I am more concerned about selecting the best option for my future rather than any other thing and regretting later on.

Please answer my 3 questions so that I can leave this place (with salary of this month) and join another company starting next month.

Thanks,

Rahul

From India, New Delhi
tushar.swar

Dear Rahul,
I understand your problem..
there is way to move out even without any notice or initial 10 to 15 days notice as universally follow on probation period. As you have not yet signed the appointment letter, hence, there is nothing any employee & employer relationship between you both. so, you are not bound to follow any terms & conditions of organization.
But, in the same time, you have to forget your dues also.
So, now its your call & best of luck for your future..
Choose your new assignment carefully in future.
Regards,
Tushar Swar

From India, Mumbai
nirmalrawat
difference Joining date 15 dec which postpone to 27th jan,so i joined company on 27th.
i received salary for december and january. though i was at home,not working and waiting for joining(not my fault)

following is the HR policy for resignation/Termenation:

a) The employment may be terminated at any time by either party by giving fifteen days notice
during probation period and thirty days notice on/or after confirmation - subject to the following
conditions:
1. Company may terminate this Letter of Appointment by giving you notice without
assigning any reason whatsoever or with immediate or partial effect upon payment of
basic salary equal to the period by which your notice period has been shortened, as
payment in lieu of such shortened notice.
2. Your right to terminate this Letter of Appointment is subject to the following conditions:
i) subject to the Service Conditions Agreement (if any).
ii) the company may, at its sole discretion, waive fully or partially the notice period with
or without payment of equivalent salary amount to the company for such waived off
period.

* do i have to pay any amount if i resigned in probation period.
* will they deduct my entire salary for month of feb if i resigned.
* will they take any legal action against me,coz they credited sal for dec/jan month.
* point 2 (i,ii) is beyond my understanding.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.