No Tags Found!

Ash Mathew

Dear Som
The difference is more obvious between a Staff and worker.
I will explain to you what we call as a staff & worker in my organization
Workers: Girls aged between 16 and 18 (mostly just 12th pass), working on machines in one of our spinning unit. Group is 350 girls in one unit.
Staff: Other trainees, executives in all other departments, managers, Heads, GM...
Now you must understand that the kind of training that a staff receives will be entirely different on what the worker will receive.
Staffs will be trained on soft skills, technical, etc..
Workers - training is more for retention, motivation and tech training on a periodic basis on Hand co-ordination, eye co-ordination, etc
Even an outing differs. Because their preferences differ.
It does not relate to employee / consultant example becuase employee is for one company, consultant contributes for many corporates.
This segregation does not have any benefits attached to it.

From India, Madras
K C S Kutty

Hi Dinesh, your ppt is very useful one. Though I lived 13 years in Pune, I have not seen some of the places suggested by you. Thank you. I shall visit next time.
From India, Madras
balaji.venkatesan

Hi Asha, Thanks for your comments but i didnt take anything serious, i just gave my suggestion. Anyhow i will rectify my errors. I hope u like this proverb "Learn from mistakes"
From India
pon1965

Take them to picnic spot just to be away from the Mumbai’s busy life and for enjoyment. Team building or training can be done inhouse.
From India, Lucknow
K C S Kutty

You are right Mr Ponraj. Let them come out of Mumbai breath fresh air at Lonavla, or Kandala or Matheren. One day trip would be really refreshing.
When I was working in Pune we used to make a trip on the first saturday and sunday of January every year. We all - workers and staff - travel together and enjoy together.

From India, Madras
taashu

Buddies...this is a Site to share inputs and Resources Y to have an Expressive bray..both Balaji and Viv are not wrong In what they said..Mr.Vivian could U Provide me Your Mail Id I too need some Ideas to proceed Wid...

PagesUnlimited
Dear All,
Please feel free to call us, we are experts in organising such Team Building Events. The activities are full of fun, but the learning is extremely strong.
Please call us on 098201 48877 - Meghana

From India, Mumbai
vipla

Hi Shraddha

Recently i hv planned one outting for the entire staff at "Fort Ramgarh" and all the staff enjoyed a lot as we have a planned schedules for all and we have already planned a no of activities by pre decided about the participants of each group as our main objective was to bring every one close to each other specially those who has having a clashes of thoughts & we succeed so you can also try these fun games:

1. At first we have welcomed all the staff & offered them with the welcoming drinks & snakes & our host for first game out of the selective staff member(which was already decided & planned) announced that r everyone ready for an warmingup exercise resulting everyone get shocked!!!! then we have represent them one thick & long Roap for a Tug-off War & its unbelievable everyone was ready to take a chance and sooner we got two teams Females Vs Male and instead of having a single round we have to have three rounds so sometime its unpredictable on what game ur employees will respond

2.We have kept a very old game known as "Antakhsari" and again all team member were pre-decided and their name were written on the papers (and the slips was picked up by the Head of the Organization) and sooner we got four teams having 3 members each . We have a couple of rounds e.g. 1. Emotion round 2. Occassions round 3. Couple round etc

3.In between of every games we have kept one minute round like 1."Sari wear round for Males 2.Paper Dance round 3.Baloon filling round etc.

Hope you will like the ideas for more ideas if required just send a message...........

Regards

Vipla

From India, Patiala
Ash Mathew

FOr textiles its 16 years and above :-) Read the guidelines Ravi - be aware of whats happening in the industry!
[QUOTE=taz.india;857845]ASHA how could you take child labours as workers, so little young gals working in your factory in dangerous conditions ;-(

From India, Madras
SomGollakota

Pardon my ignorance, Ash. I wasn't aware of that distinction.
While I still maintain that anyone who is employed by a company (not contracted, but employed full time or part time) is an employee, I now understand the context of reference. I believe the misunderstanding is due to the differences in the meaning associated with the terms "worker" and "staff". At any rate, I stand educated regarding the terms and their possible connotations in India. Thank you for the explanation.

Best regards,
--Som G

From United States, Woodinville
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.