vp singh
dear sir/madam

i worked in a public sector company for about four years as engineer. at the time of joining the company i signed a bond agreement with the company to serve it for 5 years after completion of training period otherwise pay to the company the bond money alongwith noice period pay. subsequently i requested them to grant me study leave for doing m.tech . though my application was forwarded by my immediate boss ,but it was not accepted by the HR boss citing the reason that befoe six month prior to completion of bond period it could be graned and not before that. in violation of ths rule other divisions of the same psu granted study leaves to others whose bond period was remaing more than six months in one case it was one year and four month,in second case it was 8 months .my balance bond period was more than one year.after that i took the admission without getting their permission in the hope that after taking admission perhaps management may rethink about it positively.lateron i came several times to its office for getting the same but it was not granted.lateron i thought that they may create problems in my study so i resigned. but on receiving my resignatio they told me that before aceeptance of resignation i have to pay bond money plus three months pay for notice period. when i expressed my inability to pay and offered them to rejoin. they refused and insisted again that i have to pay the amount. now they have filed one suite agianst me in distt civil court for recovery of the same. even sending letters for the same to my current employer adepartment under central govt of india earlier psu is also under central govt of india.
so in view of above i want to know -how they can write to current employer after filing the case in court and whether vtheir their action is legal for truning down my request for withdrawing resignation and insisting for paying.
please reply legally.
regards

From India, Pune
Anonymous
how is the bond money. cant comment unless we know the content of the bond. sometimes the employers just get a bond signed without technical reason. if the co has provided you with training crucial for that particular job or if the project you are working on is very crucial for 5 years then the bond is legal. pls meet a good & reliable lawyer get it sorted out, since you have already been served with notice.

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.