No Tags Found!

Sujata Suresh

An English professor wrote the words :" A woman without her man is nothing"
on the chalkboard and asked his students to punctuate it correctly.
All of the males in the class wrote:
"A woman, without her man, is nothing."

All the females in the class wrote:
"A woman: without her, man is nothing."

Punctuation is powerful :

From India, Mumbai
V. Balaji

I have simiar things like this.
"Save him not hang him" (it is a telegram received by a jailer who is in the process of executing a capital punishment). This is basically a survival and death matter.
if the jailer reads this as "Save him not, hang him", then it is gone. On the other hand, if he reads like this, "Save him, not hang him", means he has to stop the execution process. It is about someone's life, do you agree?
Similarly,
"Chhodo math maro" (in Hindi)
If some one understands like this, "chhodo math, maro", (meaning dont leave him, beat him); on the other hand if this is read like this, "Chhodo, math maro" (Leave him, do not beat him), both make a lot of difference, right?
thanks.
Balaji

From India, Madras
ashashi3
Similarly in colloquial usage, I will not leave him without catching says a policeman for a thief.(in Hindi) If you really mean to let go then why catch? shashi
From India, Madras
deadsoul2011

that hang him not let him go i was taught in school where our english teacher was explaining the importance of punctuation mark ;) and then in skool itself i realized that english can be dangerous if not used properly
From India, Madras
Sujata Suresh

First of all to the Super moderator: Good you are following and taking action on the spot... " Auraath....Abaadi....barbaadhi bhi" ~ Translates as " Abundance can happen through a Woman and she could as well be the reason for utter destruction/downfall..." Am I ok with my Translation SK Hadirji?.... : )
See, a woman has come oyut to help too... Hahaha
Have a nice day all out there...
SS
Btw, deadsoul your tagline scares me i say.... am not sure am dead or alive going by "Inception"... however, I would not get into an argument with you....Hahaha just jesting ok " Fell Alive, becos Life is Beautiful as long as it lasts. And death can be the step to Mahasamadhi if one is aware of it....

From India, Mumbai
Allan Pinto

Here is another one : A school principal commented that punctuations were unnecessary. Responding to this, the next day, the teacher wrote the following on the staff room board " The Principal said the teacher is a fool."
When the Principal saw this he smiled till the teacher went on to put in a couple of punctuation marks after which the statement read "The Principal, said the teacher, is a fool"

From India, Pune
skhadir

It means "WOMAN, not only can give happiness but can lead a MAN towards SUCCESS PATH, PLAY MULTIPLE ROLES which a MAN cant do. At the same time, WOMAN, can even be the cause for destruction"
We should never under estimate a WOMAN because, ALMIGHTY itself had blessed her with MULTIPLE SKILLS, which a man can't even dream about it.

From India, Chennai
hr@heliosoutsourcing.com

mmmhh...so sorry I couldn’t understand the real meaning of it...:-/ but could realize that it is something valuable about women... Regards, Bhavani S
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.