No Tags Found!

kunalpratap85
Let's consider a scenario where a fatal accident occurred in my company's past. At that time, the total safe man-hours for my company were 1.2 million. Presently, my company's actual safe man hours amount to 6 million, and I haven't counted any fatal incidents in these safe man hours. Now, today, I need to create a report that counts the past fatal accident and provides information from that accident date onwards. I wonder if all the safe man hours will reset to zero after the incident. Additionally, should I continue including that site's frequency and severity rate in every monthly report after the fatal date, or will everything reset to zero? and start calculating again from zero for man hours worked and safe man hours. What specific details should be included in the report for the month following the fatal accident? Please provide calculations and a suitable format for this report.
From United States, Mountain View
priyaslakshmi1905@gmail.com

Dear Kunalpratap,

It's important to handle such situations with sensitivity and accuracy. Based on the information you've provided, here's how you can approach creating the report:

Report Title: Post-Fatal Accident Safety Report

Date: [Date of the report]

Introduction:
Incorporate a brief introduction that explains the purpose of the report, which is to outline the safety statistics and measures implemented following the fatal accident that occurred in the company's past. Emphasize the importance of ongoing safety efforts.

1. Background:
Provide a concise overview of the fatal accident that occurred in the past. Mention the date, location, and circumstances surrounding the incident. This sets the context for the subsequent sections.

2. Changes Implemented:
Detail the safety changes and measures that have been implemented since the fatal accident. This could include improved safety protocols, increased training, updated equipment, and any other initiatives taken to prevent similar incidents in the future.

3. Man-Hours and Safe Man-Hours Calculation:
Address the question of whether the man-hours and safe man-hours should reset to zero after the incident. Since safe man-hours are a measure of the total hours worked without a fatal incident, they should continue to accumulate from where they left off before the incident. Only the man-hours associated with the specific site of the accident would be reset to zero.

4. Frequency and Severity Rate Calculation:
Clarify whether the frequency and severity rate should be reset to zero or continue to be calculated. Typically, after a fatal incident, the frequency and severity rate should continue to be calculated for reporting purposes, but now they would be based on the new accumulated safe man-hours.

Calculation of Frequency Rate:
Frequency Rate =(Number of Recordable Incidents /Total Safe Man-Hours) ×1,000,000

Calculation of Severity Rate:
Severity Rate = ( Number of Lost Work Days /Total Safe Man-Hours ) ×1,000,000

5. Report Format for the Month Following the Fatal Accident:

Date: [Month and Year of the report]
Total Safe Man-Hours: [Updated total safe man-hours]
Number of Fatal Incidents: [If no new incidents, mention zero]
Number of Recordable Incidents: [If no new incidents, mention zero]
Number of Lost Work Days: [If no new incidents, mention zero]
Frequency Rate: [Calculate based on the new data]
Severity Rate: [Calculate based on the new data]
Summary of Initiatives Taken: Briefly outline any safety-related initiatives, trainings, or changes implemented during the month.

Conclusion:
Summarize the overall safety progress made since the fatal accident. Emphasize the company's commitment to maintaining a safe work environment and its ongoing efforts to prevent accidents.

Remember, the exact format and content of the report can be adjusted to fit your company's specific policies and reporting requirements. The provided calculations and information should give you a starting point for creating a comprehensive and informative report

From India, Kochi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.