No Tags Found!

anithas
Hi,
Need some clarifications on the following w.r.t leave policy for a IT company,
1) Can sick leave be carried forward to the next FY?
2) Can we credit the paid leave/piviledged leave for the entire year at the beginning of the year. Does it have any legal / financial implications?
Thanks,
[/u][/i][/b]

From India, Mumbai
Sanjeev.Himachali

Sick Leave can be carry forward but it is not a legal compulsion.
Paid Leaves or Previlage Leave...you 1st need to earn the leave and then only you can take andin the same way...Paid Leaves cannot be enchased in advance.
Regards
Sanjeev

From India, Mumbai
Tikam

Hi ,
You will have to make your own standards for your organisation. As far as the questions you have raised.
I) Yes Sick leaves can be forwarded to next year. But in this case there is a maximum limit beyond which it cannot be forwarded.
II) Generally Paid/privilege leaves come into individual account only at par basis on Number of Months, but yes by special sanction or Recommendation from Higher Authoroties you can avail this facility right in starting of year.
Regards,
Tikam

From India, Pune
anithas
Thanks for the clarification guys,
Can you also tell me the maximum limit upto which the sick leave can be acrried forward?
I am trying to put a new leave policy in place for my company. Need some inputs for the same.
Thanks!

From India, Mumbai
consultsatish108
Depends on your company's policy...
1. Normally yes it gets accumulated if not used, as per service rules.
2. Can be used once earned, if your company gives every month then accordingly. BUT if your company gives say 15 days in January and 15 days in July then once it is credited and noted in yr leave record... can b utilised.
Satish

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.