No Tags Found!

Kapil Mehta
HI,
I was working with an ITES BPO company, i have sent my resignation through email to my supervisor / HR head & Operations head,
however never got a reply... since i have already taken up the offer from another organistaion, i did intimate my supervisor, HR head, Company head that my last working day would be the 9th July and returned all company assets like laptop etc.. and discontinued my presence after duly informing all of them..
Now my previous organistaion says that they would process my F&F without giving my releiving letter and experience letter...even when i am willing to pay for the notice period.
While my appointment letter only states that I am liable to serve or pay for not serving the notive period. (I was at a Sr. Manager level)
Is this right?
Are they following right HR practices?
Who should i seek help from?
Please help..
Regards,
Kapil

From India, New Delhi
White Eagle

Dear Kapil,
It will depend on your co. policy that whether they accept resignation on mail or not. If you had given resignation letter in hard copy and taken acceptance it would have been better.
From your question i assume that if you had send resignation letter before living the org.(i.e before 9 July) and not got any revert. Then why you had not ask for acceptance or clarrfication?
How it's matter whether your company practices are right or wrong? There is your fault also. Now your are having two options: 1). Talk to your boss & HR and request them and somehow close the case. 2). You can seek remedy from court but it will be time,money and energy consuming. (As per IT laws email is valid evidence in law that means resignation on email is at per with hard copy of resignation)

From India, Hyderabad
K C S Kutty

Whether the Employer following right practices or not is not the issue here.
As a responsible employee, you could have obtained relieving order from your employer before leaving the organisation.
Do you think that leaving an organisation where you were working in a senior position just by sending an e-mail is the right practice ?
Best remedy is to meet the employer (the person who is responsible to relieve you) and settle the issue amicably by discussion.

From India, Madras
Kapil Mehta
Thanks for you response.. -
While I understand that ideally i should have got the resignation accepted... however my immidiate supervisor and HR Manager were not ready to accept the resignation ... i had no choice but to communicate through mail and finally declare that i would not be continuing my services from 9th.
Even now they continue to say that they can only do F&F without any experience letter and releiving letter.... and are not ready to communicate on this at all.
It would be help if you can advice on how can i take it up leagally.. if need be..
Warm regards,
Kapil

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.