No Tags Found!

M.Peer Mohamed Sardhar

Legal Tip of the Day

Poaching of Employee-can not be checked

We can not restrain our employee to join the competitor. The freedom of changing employment for improving service conditions is vital and important right of an employee which cannot be restricted or curtailed.

The negative covenant clause in the service and employment contracts cannot be used against an employee. No restraint can be imposed on any employee that after he has left the job or he has been terminated as it goes against the very grains of section 27 of the Contract Act.

In a case , the Delhi High Court has to clarify that such contracts are unenforceable, void and against the public policy. In fact, what is prohibited by law cannot be permitted by courts. The employer, a bank, in the grab of confidentiality, cannot be allowed to perpetuate forced employment on an employee with it on the ground that he or she had access to and possessed confidential information and the business data during the course of employment and his or her joining another employer will cause and such the court has rightly rejected Bank's application by holding that neither there is a prima facie case built up by the Bank nor established any balance of convenience or irreparable injury to justify the grant of injunction against the employee in quitting the employment.

Regards
Deepak Miglani
Legal Point Foundation
For any query:-
www.legalpoint.in
www.deepakmiglani.com

From India, Coimbatore
shubhi.tnj
Hi! Seniors, I want samples of No poaching Agreement Please help me out and it is for a Hr Manual so I want it in 4-5 different templetes.
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.