Astha.ach
Greetings to all, I am starting my career as an HR in a small size company in Karnataka. Please guide me with the HR Compliances to follow as I am completely new to this field.
From India, Bengaluru
jeevarathnam

Hi Astha You are working for which industry? what is the headcount that you have? when the company started? Need those details to share the applicable compliances. You can reach out for more details
From India, Bangalore
Astha.ach
I am assigned as HR in a healthcare-related startup company (3-4 years)currently having around 30 employees. Please advice me with the HR compliance that must be known and followed.
From India, Bengaluru
jeevarathnam

Health care is part of Shops & Commercial establishment act & all the compliances shall be followed as per the Act Also following are important ESI EPF PT LWF Gratuity Minimum wages Etc
From India, Bangalore
DIPTI SRIVASTAVA

As an HR professional , there are several important compliance regulations and practices that you should be aware of and follow. Here are some key HR compliance areas to consider for a healthcare-related startup company in Bangalore with around 30 employees:

1. Employment Contracts: Ensure that all employees have signed valid employment contracts that outline their terms of employment, including job responsibilities, compensation, benefits, and termination provisions.

2. Statutory Compliance: Comply with various statutory requirements, such as obtaining and maintaining necessary licenses and registrations, adhering to labor laws, and following applicable industrial and employment laws.

3. Minimum Wages and Payment of Wages: Ensure that employees are paid at least the minimum wages mandated by the state government and that their wages are paid within the specified timeframes.

4. Provident Fund (PF): Register your company for the Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) and ensure that all eligible employees are enrolled and their contributions are deposited on time. The current contribution rate is 12% of basic wages, dearness allowance, and retaining allowance.

5. Employee State Insurance (ESI): Register your company for the Employee State Insurance (ESI) scheme if you have more than 10 eligible employees. Ensure that all eligible employees are enrolled, and their contributions are deducted and deposited on time. The current contribution rate is 1.75% of wages.

6. Professional Tax: Deduct and deposit professional tax from employees' salaries as per the state government regulations. The rates vary based on the employee's salary slab.

7. Income Tax: Deduct and deposit income tax from employees' salaries as per the Income Tax Act. Provide employees with Form 16 and issue tax deduction certificates as required.

8. Sexual Harassment: Establish an Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) to address any complaints of sexual harassment at the workplace, as mandated by the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition, and Redressal) Act, 2013.

9. Maternity Benefits: Comply with the Maternity Benefit Act, which provides for paid maternity leave and other benefits to eligible female employees.

10. Leave Policies: Establish and communicate clear policies on leave entitlements, including annual leave, sick leave, and other types of leave as per applicable laws and company policies.

11. Employee Records and Documentation: Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee records, including personal details, employment contracts, attendance records, salary slips, and other relevant documents as required by law.

12. Health and Safety: Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, including maintaining a safe work environment, providing necessary safety equipment, and conducting regular safety audits.

It is important to note that HR compliance requirements may vary based on the specific nature of your business and the location. I

Additionally, consider seeking guidance from industry associations, attending HR workshops or seminars, and staying updated with changes in labor laws and regulations to ensure ongoing compliance.Prioritize compliance and seek professional advice whenever necessary to ensure that you meet all legal requirements.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.