Priya Dubey
Hello, good morning.
Priya, I am pursuing a PGDM in HR through distance learning.
Now I am studying the first semester of the course. There are four books in a semester, and now I am studying human resource management. There are a total of 14 lessons in HRM, so there is a lesson on HR audit. I completed this lesson, but I did not understand some of the topics of the lesson. So please let me know what the difference is between regular compliance and statutory compliance. And what comes under statutory compliance, and which activity comes under regular compliance?

From India, Mumbai
Madhu.T.K

I don't know what the author means by regular compliance but statutory compliance means compliance of law or compliance of statutory provisions of the law. Coverage of establishment under various labour laws, like, ESI Act, EPF & MP Act, Minimum Wages Act, Payment of Wages Act, Payment of Bonus Act, Payment of Gratuity Act, Maternity Benefits Act etc are statutory compliance. In an HR audit you have to ensure whether the establishment has covered all employees who are entitled to be covered by ESI and PF. You have to check whether the employees get leaves as mandated by law. You can check whether wages paid is not below the statutory wages fixed and is pad within time, ie, 7 days of wage month. You can check whether employees are asked to work for more hours than permitted. You can see whether the holidays are declared as per law. Similarly, you have to ensure that women employees are paid maternity leave and no pregnant woman is dismissed from service otherwise for serious misconduct. You can check whether Bonus is paid to those who are entitled to get it. And if gratuity is paid within 30 days of leaving an employee who has worked with the organisation for five years.

There are other compliances like, keeping of attendance register, submission of returns to government authorities, provision regarding rest rooms etc. You can verify whether there is committees to address grievances of workmen and prevent sexual harassment.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.