No Tags Found!

shilpa hl
In order to understand what organizational culture is you should first understand what the word culture means. Culture is defined as the beliefs, values, attitudes, underlying assumptions, and behaviors shared by a group of people. Culture is also the behavior that results when a group arrives at a set of unspoken and unwritten rules for working together.

An organization’s culture is made up of the combined life experiences that each employee brings to the organization. An organizations culture can be characterized by a group’s daily work practices, language, decision making skills, the nature of the business or industry, values and workplace policies, and even the geographical and physica

Something as little as the pictures that were chosen to hang on the wall can tell a lot about how employees participate in an organizations culture. Try paying attention to the information on the bulletin board or in the company news letter. How do employees interact with others in meetings, at lunch, on breaks or at the proverbial water cooler? Start to take notice of the little things you probably have been over looking all this time and you will start to better understand your organizations culture.

Most people probably don’t think about what it means to understand the culture of their organization. All they know is they have to show up for work do their job and do it well in order to get a pay check. When you think about it, the majority of people spend more time with their co-workers than they do at home with their families.

The majority of people work anywhere from 40 to 60 hours a week and what they all hope for is a job that is enjoyable, meaningful and engaging. The time that is spent working for these organizations must be more valuable than the money they bring home each week. This is vital in order for them to feel good about spending all that time away from the ones they love. When people are engaged they are safer, more productive and happier. And when employees are happier so are the customers.

A company or organization should be concerned with its working environment, the relationships between employees and how things get done within that environment. This is because people are the organization’s most valuable asset and therefore the organization should focus on building and sustaining those assets in order to build a solid, long-lasting and successful organization. It is for these basic reasons that understanding organizational culture is important.

From India, Delhi
stepahead
Hi Shilpa hl,

This one is really good post. But I have a small question or we can say need of guidance. I and many folks would like to know how to understand particular organisations's culture without actually being part of that organisation. Like as if one is interviewee. Because I think its more important and useful to know that in advance if one is going at the place he really wants to.

So how does one can possibly acquire the more and better knowledge about its culture at very early stage? Because once one joins it, even though the culture over there is not so good or rather we can say not the one wishes, he really is kinda helpless for few days. Because one can't keep switching the jobs. And even though tried, its difficult to change the company culture for an individual at an early stage. And once one gets the feeling one is not at the right place, he will no longer be happier and the consequences are bound to follow. So how to deal with the situation like this one?

Thanks in advance.

From India, Mumbai
avsjai

Hi Shilpa hl,
Greetings.
Congratulations for your very impressive first post.
Thanks for sharing a valuable information.
Click the below link to see few of my posts:
https://www.citehr.com/342308-collec...avss-desk.html
Regards
AVS

From India, Madras
avsjai

Dear Sagar
Greetings to you.
Use the below links to have an insight to your question on 'Organisation-Culture'.
Organisation Culture
https://www.citehr.com/32846-organisation-culture.html
Best wishes.
Regards.
AVS

From India, Madras
skhadir

Dear Ms. Shilpa
---------------
You had posted excellent information about ORGANISATION CULTURE. To my knowledge as such there is NO ORGANISATION CULTURE and it doesn't exist in this world but, it is all about the INDIVIDUALS(employees, employer, BOARD MEMBERS) and ATTITUDES, BEHAVIOR, MENTALITY, PERCEPTION/INTERPRETATION LEVEL, LIVING STYLE and everything. These individuals form A GROUP containing LIKE MINDED PEOPLE, promoting their own values, principles, working style etc...

When you call an ORGANISATION as "A PROFESSIONAL ORGANISATION" it means it is managed by BROADMINDED/OPTIMISTIC PROFESSIONALS and these people will not give preference to CULTURE, VALUES, BELIEFS, ATTITUDE etc., except PROFESSIONALISM, DISCIPLINED WORK CULTURE with regards to PRODUCTIVITY/ORGANISATIONAL GOALS/TARGET, without forgetting that we all are HUMAN BEINGS and need to behave like CIVILIZED/DISCIPLINED HUMAN BEING but not as an EDUCATED UNCIVILIZED ILLITERATE

Your information made me learned something which i was truly looking for.....

Dear Mr. Sagar
---------------
Its very difficult to understand ORGANISATION CULTURE without being a part of an XYZ ORGANISATION. Most of the employees have tried best to mold themselves just because of survival reasons. It is the face that, everyone is living a SELFISH LIFE and because of this PATTERN, ORGANISATION CULTURE has come into picture as our expectations are more and we want to have control on many things including others activities, we want to rule, we want people to listen to us and may be lot more than that.......

Instead of discussing about ORGANISATION CULTURE we need to understand ourselves and discuss about HUMAN PSYCHOLOGY/MENTALITY, PERCEPTION/INTERPRETATION LEVEL, OPTIMISM, BROAD MINDEDNESS etc...Once we human beings are perfect then our ORGANISATIONAL CULTURE will be perfect...

With profound regards

From India, Chennai
shilpa hl
@stepahead
I think the very fact that we have so many professional forums like this one, should solve the issue you have so rightly pointed, the world wide web has opened up so many possibilities for all, I guess if one wants to know about any org's culture , he should and must interact with its stakeholders and when I say stakeholders, it is not just the employees, but clients, vendors any and everyone attached to that org.
@skhadir....I do agree at the end of the end it is all about ATTITUDE, having the right attitude is such a powerful tool, you can turn around almost anything, face anything and create exciting opportunities for your/others betterment and growth.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.