R Devarajan

Mr kumar
if an employee takes any unauthorised leave, then do not include in the 240 days. otherwise, include all the authorised leave ( cl, sl), any national holidays, festival holidays
regards
devarajan

From India, Madras
Sinchana

Hai,
NO INDIVIDUAL WILL B ELEGIBLE FOR "EL" IN THE YEAR HE JOINS AN ORGANIZATION
These r d points kept in mind while calculating EL/PL:-
- A person shld b physically present for 240 days. ( Physical presence is excluding ALL KIND OF LEAVES & WEEKLY OFF).
-If a person joins in the mid of the calender yr, he should have 75% of physical presernce attnds.
NOTE: 1 EL for every 20 days is only a shortcut rule kept for easy rememberence of EL calculation.
dear friends, If any other points r there kindly add for this, so that i can
update myself
Sinchana

From India, Bangalore
komal.singh
Hi,

Sorry friends.

I dont agree with such calculation.

240 days of working includes all working days+holidays/national holidays+all such leaves for which salary is paid to the employee.

It excludes leave LOP.

According to Act:

If a worker is discharged or dismissed from service or quits his employment or is superannuated or dies while in service, during the course of the calendar year, he or his heir or nominee, as the case may be, shall be entitled to wages in lieu of the quantum of leave to which he was entitled immediately before his discharge, dismissal, quitting of employment, superannuation or death calculated at the rates specified in sub-section (1), even if he had not worked for the entire period specified in sub-section (1) or sub-section (2) making him eligible to avail of such leave, and such payment shall be made - (i) where the worker is discharged or dismissed or quits employment, before the expiry of the second working day from the date of such discharge, dismissal or quitting.

Hope it will help you.

Regards:

Komal Singh

From India, New Delhi
R Devarajan

Hi sinchana
i think you are confused. you are wrong and that method does not apply for calculation of EL.
please go through my previous definition regarding 240 days leave and EL and PL details and revert back to me
regards
Devarajan

From India, Madras
Sinchana

Hai Devarajan,
Thanx for your reply.
After reading to your mail, I just cross checked with my seniors , my EX Boss( @ least 5 members) I was told that, for calculation purpose physical presence of 240 days (jan-dec) is must, which does not include any EL, CL,SL,OL etc.,
During calculation of EL, if a person falls short of 240 (when u consider Jan-Dec) days then u can consider the no. of EL he has consumed in the previous year.
Sinchina

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.