No Tags Found!

samvedan

Hello,
Two year course (MPM) is a very good idea. I have already recommended INDSEARCH to obtain admission to. It is a University of Pune course.
If you mean to do a two course from SYMBIOSIS-Khadki/Range Hill, I have recommended that course too. SYMBIOSIS is a deemed university anyway!
That only leaves the question of day classes or evening classes. Take the one that suits your shedules (keeping which university to do the course from on the back burner, as both are good universities.).
I suppose you should now have no difficulty in making up your mind.
Good Luck
Regards
samvedan
June 24, 2007

From India, Pune
shaina_dighe
hey samvedan ,
the imdr college tht u had suggested which is adjacent to marathwada is autonomous n does not conduct mpm course ....... do u hv any idea how imcc { institute of management n career courses} is for mpm ... or i u could find out
thanks

From India, Pune
samvedan

Hi,
I am sorry if I gave you an impression that IMDR conducts MPM course. I was suggesting that the very adjacent (to IMDR) are a group of institutes run by Marathwada Mitramandal. I was told that they too conduct MPM and do a good job of same. But yes, IMCC is also good but not above INDSEARCH (in my personal and professional opinion). Do the timimg of IMCC and its location suit you? I thought that it was also one of your constraints.
I think you should now make up your mind quickly and join an institute. In the ultimate analysis, the institute is a facility and it is our work that helps. The faculty generally is a facilitator.
Regards
samvedan
June 29, 2007

From India, Pune
shaina_dighe
hi samvedan ,
marathwada has not yet got approval from aicte to conduct the course .... imcc seats r full. do u know anything bout IMSSR {institue of management n social sciences } on tilak road . is it a good institute . coz then i guess m just left with one option . one year part time pg from symbi rangehills . back to square 1 . plez reply asap
thanks

From India, Pune
samvedan

Hi,

To be fair, I do not know much about IMCC.

I have not come across many students from that institute anyway.

If I were you, I will do a suitable course from SYMBIOSIS ( deemed university) and known since many years for high quality education. After all MPM is just a University of Pune qualification. It does not necessarily get you jobs or provide you with a leading edge to do well in the career. SYMBIOSIS may infact help you on both counts.

I repeat that it is ultimately the students who can bring a good name to the institute (even if the institute dose not offer best of education or faculty or exposure). On the other hand, a good institute may add value to the student's profile and improve his acceptability by the inductry, but if the student is somehow lazy and presumptious, then even a good institute may not be of much help.

At the end of the day a sunbstantial responsibility rests on the student's shoulders anyway!

Take your pick-sooner the better for you.

Regards

samvedan

June 30, 2007

From India, Pune
shaina_dighe
hey samvedan ,
m doing my mpm . last week i had been for an interview for a post of a verbal communication eveluator in hr for a b.p.o . i didn clear the interview b.coz i didn answer few questions very well asi m a fresher in this field . the inteviewer asked me
1 . how do u understand the flow of thought of a candidate
2. how can u judge a candidates communication skills n just few minutes .
3. if ur asking the candidate to speak about lions how do u judg his communication skills
can u help me out with appropriate answers to these questions .

From India, Pune
samvedan

Hello,

Interesting! Good that you have joined MPM, but which institute?

Answers to any questions are effective when the context in which the questions are raised is understood! In this case the context is not merely the "interview situation". It also has a lot to do with work in BPO (about which I know nothing in specific details!) So, I will provide inputs in reference the interview context and the concepts of communication. Your specific questions are answered below.

Q: 1 . how do u understand the flow of thought of a candidate

A: 1. Expression is fluent and smooth when the concept is clear and the vocabulary, diction and delivery are good. If there is a problem in these areas then even a good concept does not get delivered. The way to understand the "flow of thoughts" of the candidate, is to observe if the candidate is struggling to express. Is the communication slow, purposeful and showing knowledge of the subject? If yes, you will notice fluency in expression. Some candidates resort to speed, slang and pretence. These are sure signs of inadequate knowledge, confused comprehension and a bad effort! Basically confused thinking produces interrupted flow of communication.

Q: 2. how can u judge a candidates communication skills n just few minutes.

A: 2. Kindly note the above points and things like skills of anticipation, of martialling cogent, convincing arguments and an ability to preempt many of the listener's questions.

Q: 3. if ur asking the candidate to speak about lions how do u judg his communication skills.

A: 3. Given any subject, one has to find out if the speaker is able to merely describe the subject, or is able to add knowledge for the benefit of the listener appropriate to the situation. Again the above factors will count anyway! If he has to talk about lions, check what is the perspective the speaker able to develop and make an informed presentation. Style will NEVER substitute substance! This is the key. Be on guard and do not be fooled by smart speaker who use a lot of words and convey precious little!

Are you happy with the response?

Regards

samvedan

August 7, 2007

From India, Pune
altaf_sayyed123
hi,
I have completed MPM from IMR&T , nashik. MPM is good course, but jobs vacancies are very limited n experienced candidate required.

B.com fresh student also handled this post. Most of company recruit B.Com candidate as a Jr Officer Personnel & Administraion. You must have good knowledge about PF,ESIC written form. how to calculate PF,ESIC.
You should join Consultancy where PF,ESIC forms are feel up..

BEst Luck
Altaf sayyed

From India, Pune
shaina_dighe
hey samvedan ,
thanks the information was helpful . if u have any format of questions asked for in an hr interview can u plez foward it to me . and also can u tell me what r the various departments in hr .. i know there is recruitment , genaralist , finance ... m interested in the generalist department .... how do i start a career in it .. obviously nobody can just hire me directly as an h.r generalist without experience so i need some guidance ... :)

From India, Pune
samvedan

Hello,

Even if this sounds like a sermon, one must accept that life is for real.

I can list out ump[teen number of questions that may be asked inan interview. Would one like to prepare answers, mug them up and state these as "your" answers if such a question is fielded. What if the question is differently positioned and structured?

Just as you may mug up a lot of books and pass out an examination with flying colours but you would not learnt much and your knowledge will remain weak. Dr. Stephen Covey's assertion is an enormous truth.

Interviews are to know the knowledge of the candidates and their personalities. The interviewers like to understand the knowledge and personality of the candidate being interviewed. If the candidate presents something that is not his, experienced interviewers are able to find out in amoment and the result for the candidate is often sorrow! It is far better to struggle, work hard, enhance one self and be a "real" person being interviewed. The pretence may help in the short run, it never pays in the long run!

No, I am NOT avoiding to help. I am only suggesting that you should walk on your legs and fly on the strength of your own wings. Crutches are for disabled people. Be a fit person, a real person, a competent professional and face the world. There is great challenge and satisfaction in that rather than going for short cuts, win soon and repent later!

Kindly, everyone, INTROSPECT and decide your plan of action. Help will always be available but use it as guidance than as a substitute for competence! Don't be offended, don't feel bad but there is no substitute to hard work and there is no short cut to asuccess. Ask all the questions that you want to ask and we will answer to the best of our abilities, but please grow in your your own stature!

Care to share to results of introspection?

Regards

samvedan

August 9, 2007

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.