No Tags Found!

madhuri-pattar
I was put on PIP in the month of October 2023, and on 27 OCT 2023, PIP was successfully closed with positive points from my manager and mentor on the date 7 November 2023, I was hired and onboarded by the customer for a new project, and I was asked to complete all pending tasks from my previous project. However, after 2 weeks, the customer from the new project said the requirements did not match, and the onboarding was withdrawn. Now, I'm on the bench, and HR is assigning some assessments and asking me to clear in one attempt, and if I don't clear in one attempt, they'll take severe actions... When asked the reason for this treatment, they said that my ratings were not up to the mark.
From India, Bengaluru
raghunath_bv

Hi Madhuri,

It sounds like you've gone through a challenging situation with the Performance Improvement Plan (PIP), successfully closing it, and then facing difficulties in the new project on boarding. Here are some steps you might consider:

Understand the Feedback:
Reflect on the feedback you received during the PIP and try to understand the areas where improvements were needed. This understanding can help you focus on enhancing your skills and performance.

Communication:
Have a candid conversation with your manager or HR representative. Seek clarification on the reasons behind the severe actions and discuss your concerns. Ask for specific details on the areas where improvement is required and how you can address them.

Performance Assessments:
Take the assessments assigned by HR seriously. Use this opportunity to showcase your skills and commitment to improvement. If there are specific areas of weakness identified, focus on addressing them during your preparation.

Skill Enhancement:
If there are gaps in your skills, consider seeking additional training or professional development opportunities to enhance your capabilities. This proactive approach can demonstrate your commitment to growth.

Seek Feedback:
Request feedback from your colleagues, mentors, or managers on your current performance. Understanding how others perceive your work can provide valuable insights and help you make necessary adjustments.

Document Achievements:
Keep a record of your accomplishments, positive feedback, and successful completion of tasks. This documentation can be useful when discussing your performance with your superiors.

Employee Assistance Programs (EAP):
Some companies offer Employee Assistance Programs to provide support and resources for employees facing challenges. Check if your company has such a program that you can leverage.

Consider Future Opportunities:
If the situation does not improve, consider exploring other opportunities within or outside the company. It's essential to prioritize your well-being and professional growth.

However, setbacks happen in every career, and what's crucial is how you respond and learn from them. Seek guidance from mentors or career advisors if needed, and use this experience as an opportunity for personal and professional development.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
NK SUNDARAM

Use the waiting time on the bench, as a blessing in disguise. Quickly enroll for some additional skills related to your role. That is the best way to move forward in life, rather whining and complaining. Ups and downs do happen in life for everybody in this world. Challenge is to face the problems upfront and get solutions for the same. Go with a positive, growth mindset and improve yourself to grow better than yesterday!
From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.