No Tags Found!

sneha joshi

Hello! I have a total of 10 years of experience, out of which 6 years; I have primarily been employed in corporate settings, with approximately 90% of my experience being in the IT industry. However, due to the challenges posed by the Covid pandemic and my responsibilities as a parent, I transitioned to freelancing. Freelancing proved to be a suitable arrangement as it allowed me to work while being at home to take care of my child. Now that my child is older and attending school, I am ready to commit to a full-time 8 to 10-hour job.

I need your help with the questions in the interview being asked so I can prepare myself.
Thank you!

From India, Pune
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

The same reason you had shared here can be shared to your future employer during interview process.

The question they might ask you is "how for you will be able to concentrate on the work on full time basis and who will take care of the child after school hours etc.

Also while doing freelancing you might had handled multiple work at a time and revenue was based on that but now once you enter into full time employment your monthly income is limited to salary only and hence make some reasonable salary request matching your commitments.

From India, Madras
sneha joshi

Thank you for your prompt answer @Lakshmi Narayanan.

The reason I asked is because unfortunately when I get a call from companies they want somebody who has full time job experience, though I have worked more than 10-12 hours a day since the day I started freelancing, they are a bit hesitant to consider me.
I don't know what do I tell them so they can consider me.

From India, Pune
Raghunath Sabat

Hello!

Congratulations on deciding to return to full-time employment! Transitioning from freelancing back to a corporate setting can be both exciting and challenging. To help you prepare for interviews, here are some common questions that employers may ask and tips on how to respond:

Can you tell me about yourself?
This is usually the opening question. Provide a brief overview of your professional background, emphasizing your 10 years of experience, with the last six years in corporate settings and freelancing. Highlight your skills, achievements, and how your diverse experiences have prepared you for the position you are applying for.

Why did you transition from a corporate job to freelancing?
Be honest and positive in your response. Mention the challenges posed by the Covid pandemic and how freelancing provided you with the flexibility to balance work and family responsibilities. Emphasize that you valued the opportunity to work remotely and independently during that period.

What motivated you to return to full-time employment?
Explain that your child is older now and attending school, allowing you to commit to a full-time job without compromising your family responsibilities. Mention that you miss the collaborative environment, professional growth opportunities, and the chance to contribute to a team's success that comes with a full-time position.

How has your freelancing experience prepared you for this role?
Focus on the skills and strengths you developed during your freelancing tenure. Discuss how freelancing honed your time management, adaptability, and problem-solving abilities. Provide examples of projects you handled successfully as a freelancer, showcasing your expertise and accomplishments.

How do you handle challenges or changes in the workplace?
Employers want to assess your ability to adapt to new situations. Share specific instances from your corporate and freelancing experience where you navigated challenges or embraced changes positively. Demonstrate your resilience and willingness to learn from various situations.

How do you stay up-to-date with developments in the IT industry?
As you have a significant background in the IT industry, it's essential to showcase your continued interest in staying current. Talk about how you regularly read tech blogs, attend webinars, take relevant courses, or participate in professional networks to keep yourself updated.

How do you manage your time effectively?
Time management is crucial for both freelancers and corporate professionals. Provide practical examples of how you balanced your freelancing projects, client communications, and personal responsibilities efficiently. Highlight any tools or techniques you use to optimize your productivity.

Why do you want to work for this company?
Conduct thorough research on the company and tailor your response accordingly. Mention specific aspects of the company's culture, values, products, or services that align with your career goals. Express enthusiasm about contributing to the company's success and growth.

Remember, preparation and confidence are key to a successful interview. Practice answering these questions with a friend or family member to refine your responses and boost your self-assurance. Good luck with your job search and welcome back to full-time employment!

From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Not sure what is your nature of work.. like technical /non technical.

In that case you need to highlight the volume of work handled by you as a Freelancer including Client details/ Project names / any significant accomplishment / appreciation received from the Client etc.

Also request for practical interview option so as to prove yourself.

It is more like marketing the products. Now you need to project yourself and how for you will be able to succeed depends on your negotiation skills.

From India, Madras
sneha joshi

@Raghunath Sabat Thank you! This will definitely help a lot! I appreciate your effort and help :)
From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.