No Tags Found!

soni-jio
I work as a doctor in a private hospital run by a senior doctor couple. For the past 1 yr, my payments have been irregular, and I used to receive it in parts. My employers have defaulted my payment (supposed to be credited as professional fees every month) for 6 months now. According to the contract, I must give one month's notice before my resignation. It is mandatory to serve the notice period under these circumstances. What can I do legally to claim my rightful dues?
From India, Chennai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

What ever separation clause mentioned in the Contract of Appointment to be followed else that will be construed as breach of terms and conditions of Contract of Appointment. You may communicate clearly about your separation from the hospital and also as per the terms and conditions of contract of appointment will serve notice period.

With regard to monthly remuneration part as they are paying the same as professional charges you can claim the same through civil court only and this cannot be presented before Labour office. Delay in clearing professional charges or not making the payment on time is also breach of contract terms. Please check your contract of letter about the monthly payment date on or before______. Hospital should honor it. It is pathetic hospitals are delaying payment to Doctors who are noble professionals.

If pursue the case through civil court it might be bit time consuming process. So where ever possible you may negotiate with the hospital and try for amicable solution without going for legal proceedings.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.