No Tags Found!

Mamta Kumari007

Thanks for your reply.
We have work from home options but limited and for special case.
We do not want that other people also start taking work from home options by seeing her.
We also know that she will continously take leaves, normally people takes in this situation. That's the reason we are thinking for part time employment.

From India, Mumbai
anish-mathew1
Hi All,
I want to know what does 12 months preceding the date of her expected delivery means ?
Does it means that the employee has to work in an organisation for 1 year to get the benefits or will she get the benefits for the maternity leave if she has worked for 80 days but have not yet completed 1 year.
Thank you.

From United States, New York
vijit-mathur
Thanks for all your inputs.
I have been reading a lot around the Maternity Benefits Act lately & below are my findings:
a. Even a woman on probation is entitled for maternity benefits
b. Company has rights to terminate duties of employment of a pregnant lady when she is under probation
c. Section 12(2)(a) of MB Act infer that Woman in probation that is being terminated by her employer during her pregnancy is eligible for getting maternity benefits, provided that she had worked in the establishment for atleast 80 days (including paid holidays + paid weekends + any laid-off days) in the last 12 months from the date of her expected delivery.

From India, Meerut
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.