Mubeena

Dear colleagues,
I'd like to know how pay grades are typically arrived at. What are the different methods used, and the steps that you would follow to group jobs together into pay grades? What is your definition of a pay grade. Do you personally use banding?
I don't have much experience in compensation, and am looking to braoden my knowledge in this area. Any literary suggestions are welcome.
Thank you for your warm welcome to this site. As a new member, I find it highly beneficial and participative. Please visit my post in the Introductions forum to know more about me. You can also download me and my partner's vitaes and consulting services we offer all over the globe.
Thank you all.
With regards, Mubeena Mohd

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
arshiva2004
Hi
The best way to gain knowledge on the subject is reading textbooks to understand the basic theory. I would suggest you to read "Compensation" by Milkovich and Newman. Then we can always discuss the issue on MSN. My id is
Regards,
Ravindra

jayasmp

Hello Mubeena,
I am also looking for this information. Anyway i have decided to start this process with job analysis and compilation of job descriptions. After that i am planning to divide the workforce into technical and non technical group and provide grades based on their educational qualifications and experience.
After grading is over, i am planning to consult with other HR executives to know about the present compensation packages available for a company in our line of business.When i get that information, i would advise the management to revamp the salary structure.

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.