No Tags Found!

hr-plant4423352
I am having problems arranging manpower, as I work in Haryana state, where the labour is continuously on leave and working in the crop fields. Due to a lack of manpower, the company is in a critical condition.
From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

I wish you had given sufficient information about your query. What kind of manpower do you need? Are they skilled, semi-skilled or unskilled? How many shifts does your company operate? What facilities does the company provide? And so on.

Anyway, irrespective of the type of industry or the factory's location, getting blue-collar workers is always a challenge. If the requirement is of higher order, a few companies appoint or rely on a local person who has the shrewd resourcefulness needed to get the manpower. This person knows the area well, is rooted in the local culture, and keeps a close tab on what is happening in the market. Occasionally, he hobnobs with the workers and projects his image as one among them. Additionally, he handles administrative activities.

In contrast, most HR professionals are white-collared employees and may not be suited for this rugged work. Their sophistication is opposite to the grossness this activity demands.

So you have two options: either to quit the company and look for a decent job, or become the person I have described above. But please note that whether blue-collared or white-collared employees, getting the manpower is always a challenge. Don't have a misconception that companies with classy or glossy buildings where the staff speaks perfect English can attract people. They are also in the same boat!

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.