shaan.mughal
Hi Durga..

Knowing about your issue I can just say few things about it. As you said that you are working as a HR Representative you must be having your immediate boss too. Rather than discussing it out here you should talk to your Immediate boss and take his/her advice. And every company has a heirarchy. If you or your hubby thinks that there is something wrong being done with you then you can go ahead and ask for Skip level meeting with the supervisor of your boss or your hubby's boss. Any person can reach to the top most extent of the companies hierarchy till your issue is resolved. It is not atall hard to atleast get email address of the higher level people of company where you are working. And as it is if you people are thinking about leaving the company then why not give a try talking to every level till you get proper solution. Even if you cant reach the skip level managers you can atleast mail them and put your situation infront of them. And even after talking to higher level people if they cant make their system proper then its better not work in that company where they have such ethics of work. I would just suggest you that if your boss is of no use then go for skip level and email high level people and bring this to their notice and then if you are not answered then leave the company. If you leave the company now people will still say that you were wrong. And even if you go for any interview and they cross check with your company for verification your boss may not provide correct info to the company who would be hiring you. So think aout your career and then decide anything. Go ahead and atleast try to take action on it. If you want to know any thing else you can mail me at .

From India, Pune
durga2

Thanks a lot Viral, I think u are absolutely right. I alone ca not change such big people & cna not put the future of new guys at stake. in such case ur idea is best to opt. thanx boss take care
From India, Delhi
tsivasankaran

Dear Durga

What is culture? Let us now come to something concrete if you wish

I can narrate many incidents, but i will take up one incident and narrate.

It was a factory with 2500 workemn with three shifts and continuous process industry. It was the practice that all workmen go out for Tea during the shift. When I joined, I was shocked to see this. I observed this for three days and went and asked the General Manage about this.( I was 33 the youngest of alkl HODs) He said there will be bloodshed if we change try to change this practice. Next day I called all the unions together to my room (5 unions) I asked them are they happy to have this practice, They said it is the management who wants this and not the workmen!! I took them to the GM

The next day, the 30 year old practice waqs changed.

The Cultrural element here: Practices breeding indiscipline

Method of Changing Frank Discussion in a language which people appreciate.

I can offhand talk about 10 to 12 such instances.

I never asked you to quit. But, i was emphasisng you to see the other persons view point.

I could have left responding as I dont gain anything out of this exercise.

Myself and Kumar were seeing a small mistake in your approach.

You are listening only one view point. To make a judgement, we need to hear both.

One employess view point is known to you .( I am not giving any importance that hi is your fiance)

His boss's view point is not heard by you. Or if you have heard, you have not shared.

Is it not fundamental logic taught in MBAs tha before taking a decision you must listen to all views?

My question and Mr Kumars question is "have you done this fundamental step?"

Siva

From India, Chennai
durga2

Dear Siva,
I 100% agree wid wot u say but I'am not seeing it from one employees point of view. These are the views of all employees. But they do not come forward to raise voice. They are quietly quiting the organization.

From India, Delhi
Ananth Khatokar
Dear Durga please try to come out of that sitution,and join a company where you can work independently ok Ananth Khatokar
From India, Bangalore
tsivasankaran

Dear Durga
Dont say anything.
We all have faced such crisis in our career.
We have put up proposals for HR Survey and Conducted surveys by neutral HR Consultants. The results are shared privately . We have seen drastic improvements.
Now it is your skill to get this proposal approved. Many do not agree for this immediately. If you talk about your MBA qualification, you wont get support. Brainstorm with people about Attrition. Then highlight there may be many reasons. Say that your HR Policy may be faulty or Communication id faulty and Salary may not be alright
Dont ever talk about bosses
Float this idea Some senior people may syupport You must talk to t COO and get his blessings
If a survey is conducted, you must be neutral. Make the person who has conducted the survey to make presentations
You will succed That is a professional approach
You dont pass judgements. Make someone study it dispassionately
Are you seeing the starting point now??
Siva

From India, Chennai
durga2

Thanx Siva,
Let me gather the courage to put this point in front of management. Coz many times I am made keep quite saying that I have less experience & the company could run without HR even. But by getting so many views really I learnt a lot & frankly speaking got tons of relief. Thanks to you, thanks to Mr. L Kumar, Mr. Viral Shah, Ms. Meera and all members of Cite HR Community who actively participated & tried to understand my problem.
Regards

From India, Delhi
tsivasankaran

Dear Durga Great. That is the spirit. If you need any help, advice, idea....you can count on me and you can count on cite HR memebers Best wishes Siva
From India, Chennai
anurag26
Dear durga
I know your problem as a male hr and it has been a problem that has leaked out of any personal discussion between you and your fiance. Now do one thing kindly ask you boy friend to go for a change.

From India, Delhi
dhawalsrivastava
Dear Durga no point getting disappointed in this please ask your feance to discuss the the matter with his Boss and try to solve it then and there it self scaping from any proble is not a solution
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.