No Tags Found!

gaonkar
Hi Priyanka,
I know everyone have their own opinion but I think you should be little assertive while talking to the elder employees. Like for ex. instead of saying them "dont go the boss for such small thing" you can put it in this way, " I am here to help for such small things". They should feel you are in the organization to help them and not to show them the way.
I dont know how many people will agree to it but I think this is the best way to start with.
Regards,
Gaonkar

From India, Mumbai
arunardevar
Dear Priyanka,
As per as my concern leave or out going permission will be given by concern HOD only. As a HR officer our duty to update their leave in leave record. If particular person has availed abnormal leave then you will have to find what is wrong and give them a support and counseling for their problem.

No one of us is having authority to sign in their leave or permission slip, until they are reporting to us.

ARD

From India, Mumbai
preetiamrutkar
Dear Priyanka, I am also facing same problem like you. i think we have to do the something in leave application coz of that everyone cant proceed without concern us.
From India, Mumbai
kraos_1954@yahoo.co.in

:-PDear Friends,
The sanctioning of leave is prerogative of HOD not the HR. HR / Admn takes care of leave accounitng, even if you given an opportunity how you can sanction, if you sanction with out the permission of concerned HOD the work will get hampered and you will be in trouble. Instead of building rapport with the employees why you want to enter in to others arena and burn your fingers.
First of all understand the organization, individual culture, be proactive, talk to the people, make them comfortable, greet them on their birth-days, help them in their critical issues, visit their residances, attend the functions of your employees, continue for SIX months. The so called employees who are going directly to your director without talking to you will call you and enquire the reasons for your absence when you are on leave. This is a guranteen from you, practice it and send confirmation after 6 months. only thing you have to do is shift them from power centric to humane centric that is Human relations - kameswarao

From India, Hyderabad
janarthanan .v

Hi Priyanka,
In my view, You ask your boss that the process should go through with the knowledge of you. If he handles all things of yours, then what is the use of your presence there. so, ask your boss and sort out the issue in a smoothen way.
Janarthanan

From India, Madras
bandikanna
Priyanka, you are bestowed with beauty of mind and body, make use of them and the whole world will be just looking up to you . Cheers Bandi
From India, Mumbai
glvin11

Hi Priyanka :icon1:
Your problem is not that simple however I can suggest a few tips that might be helpful......
1. The reporting structure,process and procedure has to clearly outlined by the HOD and cascaded accordingly.( You should not outline or cascade ..for obvious reasons)
2. You need to win them over....here comes in your interpersonal skills...
3. You should be genuinely interested and aware of their issues/ problems and help them with that.
4. You should always be there when they need you, do not refer them to your boss, take the decision yourself if you are authourised to and then discuss it with your boss but support your team member.
5. Dont try to impose your authority...though they may be your subordinates but they are also employees.
6. Respect their age, opinions and dignity...Praise them for the job well done..
7. Above all create a comfort zone for them and I am sure they will eat by your hands.
All the best.:icon1:
Regards
Gyanu

From India, New Delhi
sen_thilair
hi Priyanka
First go and meet the so called bone of your boss and have a good rapo with them for a week. put your efforts to built a good org relationship with the HOD. Then go and ask them to instruct their team member to meet you for all the activities instead of going to the boss. This will make the seniors understand your part in the org and the system will come to you in the course of time.
For leave and permission introduce the Formart which contains HOD signature and HR signature. So that the letter / mail will be signed by the HOD and will reach you too for the approvel.

dhruva.trivedy

I think it’s not the age but the assertiveness,firmness and passion with which you deal with them.:icon1:
From India, New Delhi
octavious

Dear Priyanka
Dont worry, its very normal problem, let your boss handle the same, let every one go to your boss, when he approves any requests of employees, kindly do not act on such approvals, when employees will turn to you for getting the same either to be recorded or implemented.When asked reason for such absurd behaviour, state that employees had over thrown the reporting protocol, after two three such incidents your boss will see to it that, things go as you suggest and you will get what you wished for, always remember solution is respected and accepted when there is a problem, and if you want to earn rest in the said situation then create problem and then deliver solution.
Its very nasty idea,but very practical.
Regards
Octavious

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.