No Tags Found!

sreekanth_vu
Hi Sunetra,
All is up to you. You can make a policy that for 8 hours working on holidays will be compensated with a leave. I don't think there is any need to give extra allowances. Of course as a compliment you can offer a working luch for those who are coming on holidays. This is the usual procedure most of the companies follows.
Let us see what others say.
Regards,
Sree

From United States
sunetrab10

Thanks Muhdin, Srivanth and Sree. We give a half day leave and basic pay of half day for more than 4 hours of work and full day leave and one day basic pay for more than 7 hours of work. Other than that we give Rs. 200 as conveyance and generally arrange for lunch. It is a policy that was made by our previous HR and is being followed for the last 2 years. Now we have realized that we are paying twice by doing this by crediting an earned leave and also by giving the basic pay. Now we will either give the leave or pay the basic which needs to be decided.
Thanks all for your suggestions.
Sunetra :D

From India, Calcutta
Vb_bala
Both the method of compensation are OK. You can give a compensatory off or compensate through cash. However if you pay cash you must pay Basic + all other allaownace as indicated in his/her letter. ( Like Basic+DA+Specail+...).
Regards
Bala

madhurichadha
Sunetra,
The system that we follow is that in the event an employee is required to work on a holiday, the employee is given monetary compensation of Rs. 500/-. Holiday monetary compensation is to be awarded only to those employees who are required to be on the job and performing authorized work.
A flat sum ensures that there is no extra admn. overhead.
Cheers!
Madhuri

From India, New Delhi
amrit_rodrigues
thank you sunetra for the valuable suggestion, i come from an Industrial Relations background, hence soft speak skills have not been my forte be in int he labour court or in a forum, since as a practice IR relies on facts , hope that resolves the matter
take care all the best

M.Peer Mohamed Sardhar

Eiether Leave or Pay Not Both together... Lunch to be Provided,,,,, TA Not Required,,,,, Allow Some time for the members to respond,,, Please be Patient,,,,
From India, Coimbatore
sunetrab10

Dear Peer,
I know you are an active member. Thanks for your reply. But, sorry to mention , i didnot get why you have advised me to "be patient". Is that because after my first post I asked twice to the members to reply. Actually I had some urgency of reporting to the CEO. Another reason is without replies generally the posts doesnot remain in the first page and most of the members (who have valuable suggestions to give) miss the question.Once the members started responding did u noticed any lack of patience from my side?

From India, Calcutta
unusual_indu

HI Sunetra
I agree with the views put forward by all the other members of the community so I have nothing more to add to this. except that you are curtailing down on a particular benefit that you used to offer to the employees prior to this,so please educate them on the same or atleast have a discussion with them, before actually implementing it .They are used to enjoy these extra benefits for last 2 years so some of them might not take these decision in a good spirit
I hope my suggestion helps you implement the new policy
Thanks and Regards
Indrani Chakraborty

From India, Pune
Kumar H P

Hi,
If you work on the holidays either you have to pay the double amount (like Overtime pay) or give the compensatory off.
Giving basic pay along with leave is not the right way in the management point of view since you are pay has no meaning.
Work on sundays and give off on any festival days or some other days.
Truly Yours,
Kumar.H.P

From Hong Kong
Tikam

Hi Sir,

Okay I have seen the views given by Different HRs.

See , When it comes to Follow the practice It depends on the Size of Company & the Field in which the company is working.

I will tell you by example .

If it is small company almost every employee knows the other and in such case when you apply certain policy or make it effective it will be a "Change" and Change is something which takes time to solve and meanwhile you should not loose the Productivity & Motivation. Well there are others things also related to Diagnostics .

But to come on asked query I would say , Either there could be Comp Off OR Else Extra Pay , Not both at same time. Comp off is a decent Practice . Because Economics starts with the Punchline " Human Wants are unlimited" and by paying the extra BUck means nobody will be satisfied in Long term because Employees will hope to get extra amount augmanted to this for Extra Efforts.

But what you can do is You can check the employees who are putting extra efforts for your company and they can be taken care at the time of Appraisal or Awards & recognition.

Regards,

Tikam -Pune

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.