No Tags Found!

manishgupta1981

HI ALL,
I THINK TALKING IS A BETTER WAY BEFORE TAKING ACTION, YOU ARE WRONG, YOU MIGHT HAVE DONE WRONG TO X-EMPLOYEE, NOW U R GETTING BACK WHAT U HAVE DONE!
IT IS A CIRCLE. dON'T TRY TO PUSH THINGS FURTHER IT WILL CAUSE MORE LOSSES BUT NOTHING ELSE, CONCENTRATE ON YOUR BUSINESS GOALS AND SETTLE DOWN UR SCORES WITH HIM BY NEGOTIATING (MONEY, GOOD REF, BAD REPORT TO CURRENT/FUTURE EMPLOYERS ETC.)
BELEIVE WHAT U WILL DO TODAY, COMPANY WILL FOLLOW SAME IN CASE OF U ALSO IN FUTURE!!!. SO BE CAREFULL WHATEVER U DO!!
MANISH GUPTA
ADMIN & HR MGR

From India, Mumbai
niljoshi
Hello there,
Every organisation has some black sheep as well as black holes. Foruntately for you, the black sheep is out of the organisation. So his information will be static, i.e. upto the last day of his working in your organisation and not updated, unless ofcourse, he has a planted mole even today.
The best thing to do, as few other members have suggested above, is to do an IT Audit of your current infrastructure and set things right. Once that is done, you can challenge & handle any subsequent outside audits with due legal recourse of defamation, etc.
I would not suggest employing a detective agency or approaching any law enforcement agency untill you have concrete documentary proof of his misdeeds.
All the best.

From India, Mumbai
Archana.hrdept
With limited understanding in this field I have, I can suggest the following:
1. Put your house in order - that's the first thing that you got to do as HR
- Figure out things which are wrong/illegal/unethical and get rid of them
- He certainly has support inside - figure out what is causing people to dissent and work on it with positive attitude
- It also leads me to believe (though I could be wrong!) that there is lack of internal communication or employee engagement program - you might want to look at it.
2. Once you have taken care of internal issue, get someone from your team to open a discussion channel. No harm if it is official. The reason - you need to identify and understand the root cause.
3. You always have the option of writing to his current employer - if he was not mentioned that he worked for your company, means he has fudged his CV - which is wrong anyway and he can get sacked. However, that should be the last option.
Hope this helps

From India, Mumbai
ramex
I would like to add something on this as i have gone through this kind of similar situation where one of my ex employee started to flow the negative information about our company in the market which was somehow true but I didn't contacted him to stop it rather than i focused to Circle of Influence rather that Circle of Concern i.e. to convince him and to compromise with him is Circle of Concern as we cannot change the Paradigm of that person who is totally negative towards the company but apart from it I changed the policy of the company at the same time i worked out to improve overall field of our company so that, that fellow has no valid points to say wrong / misguide the people in the market after few months he totally stopped it and FYI he is a very good person for me nowadays for his transitioned personality so only i could suggest you to focus on your own Circle of Influence where you could bring change / modify / improve.

Anyway thanks and hope my sharing will help you a bit.

From Nepal
iiivivekoberoiiii
So, you cannot even find out his current employer and His current employer also doesn't know you. He has clearly outsmarted you guys. So, like mr.ramex mentioned, work on your circle of influence. Relieving the manager is the only suggestion I can think of which will settle everything for everyone once for all.
To me he looks like a nice guy. Being a system administrator, he would have unprecedented access to a lot of sensitive information. But looks like he is not taking any illegal path to get back at the manager. If he was really a rogue/psycho/black sheep, he would have caused a lot more damage. The fact that he is using only legal means, and the fact that huge organisations have acted upon with the help of his information clearly indicates that he a nice guy.
There are incompetent people who are always afraid of intelligent guys. It is their insecurity which causes them to use such language as this -

From India, Bangalore
mashok
gkearney,
If he has not mentioned your company info in his work history, then you have a very good chance to prove that his intention of avoiding that into is not appropriate. You should call his current company HR and inform the same. Tell them that he is interferring in your company affairs and if there is law suit tomorrow you will make that company also part of it. I don't know how it work in your country, but in India IT companies are very particular about it and they immediately take action.
I still feel talking to him is good option rather than taking legal action. Again my comments are based on India context. If that ex-employee is in India, then I am sure someone in this forum can always help me, including me.
Ashok

From United States, San Diego
gkearney
We would contact his current employer if we knew who his current employer is. But we do not know that information, we don't even know what county he is living in.
His resume lists him currently as an independent consultant. It also lists him as an independent consultant for the time he was with us. technically this is true as he maintained his consulting business while he was also employed with us. We have never been contacted by anyone about him to confirm that he worked for us.
Given that we do not know who he might be working for or where in Europe or the U.S. (he's a dual U.S. and Italian citizen) it seems unlikely that we will ever be able to contact his employer.
I'm not sure what kind of suit we could bring against him and even if we did how would we serve him the papers? Tracking him down could cost a great deal of money and time and we have already spent more on this than we should have.

From Australia, Perth
gkearney
More flowers with very explicit notes in a female handwriting have turned up. This time at work and always when the manager is out so they have to be left at the reception desk where others can see them and the note. They arrive at random intervals always following a weekend. It's like he can read our manager's mind.
One of the flower shops told us that a woman came in and paid with cash they have never see her before and she has never returned.
The manager is a very conservative type and this is driving him and his wife crazy.

From Australia, Perth
ritedarong

Hi,
A method you can try is to ask your representatives to meet the ex employee and try to find out the cause of his disgruntlement and the method of clearing any issue with him. record the whole conversation (audio & video) so that you could use the same for getting any evidence that he has done all those things which your company is charged with. With this you could try and seek the assistance of the the police for conducting an official 'sting operation' and catch the culprit red handed.
If such a thing is not possible then you will realize that you are cornered and have to take remedial measures like a out of court settlement or (buy him out) etc, to save your company from further attacks - if possible.
regards

From India, Bangalore
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear gkearney
Although I empathize with your problem; I can not help being amazed at the creativity and ingenuity of your ex-employee.
At times, a whistle-blower and at times acting in a strange non-violent way of protests.
May I know, why he was fired ??
If the infraction was not serious; why do not you consider re-hiring him ??
With his talents, put to good use; in marketing, new product development, consumer research etc.; he can surely be a great asset to your company.
All that needed is to make him an "engaged employee" and that's where good Human Resource Management comes in.
Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.