No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Recruiting is an everyday job of me and many other hiring leaders like me.

I see candidates clearing interviews, negotiating on offers, accepting offers, getting H1B processing done in premium, giving a joining date and sending an email 2 days prior to joining that they are joining another company.

Dear candidates, All this comes at a cost, cost of losing the trust with hiring managers and the company, cost of the lost time for not picking other worthy candidates who could have joined us, taking hours of interviews, writing interview feedback and hiring rational, getting it approved by the management, working with lawyers to pay for H1B premium processing, working with IT and other processes to onboard you and planning the projects for you.

Bottom line: please avoid accepting an offer if you don't plan to join. It is neither professional nor ethical.

From India, Bengaluru
saswatabanerjee

Well, I understand your pain, but you have not put anything that really matters to the candidate.

Why will he bother with your 'Trust', or cost, or any of those factors as he thinks he will not meet or need you again.

I am curious as to what you have done to prevent it.

From India, Mumbai
aussiejohn

Go back to basics and do a complete review of your recruitment policy. Poor recruitment is a signifcant reason for high attrition rates. Your policy is obviously lacking in many areas.

I have posted many many times in this forum on recruitment. Please use the search facility to find my posts.

No organisation can hope to succeed without a comprehensive and robust recruitment policy in place, and with every staff member on board and consistently following it to the letter. Make no mistake, this stuff works. I proved it time and time again during my working life, particularly in cutting attrition and recruiting long term employees.

Allied to recruitment is, of course, salary, entitlements and how you treat the staff. If those things are lacking, then you are doomed. People have got to WANT to work for your organistion, and to know they will be treated well.

From Australia, Melbourne
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.