No Tags Found!

tamana
Hey Peer!
Absolutely..
Its not hilarious, rather as a trainer we need to explain why the sentences as wrong and by giving reasons you have done so.
Great work :)
some more:
using the ing form for most words like I am having a car, instead of I have a Car.

From India, Bangalore
gauritomar

Dear All,
Its good article to read . Well whenever we visit any govt office and enquire about something so these govt officials ofetn use this sentence "Mdam ,what is your good name" they are translating it from hindi to english apka shubnaam kya hain ?
But , in Enlgish there is no good or bad name as such .. Its very common mistake .
Another mistake is people forget when there is present tense in question ? It should be did and verb in the first form??
ncoret form-- Did you went over there?
Correct form -- Did you go over there?
We accept it that we are not the native speakers of English but Britishers ruled us for 200 years and our Enlglish is far better than Chinese and Japanese . The best way to is to imprive Englsih is read newspapaper, magazine and think for a while before you speak or say someting.
Cheers
Gauri

From India, Delhi
jaspalsingh77

Another one that comes to mind is " Please Revert Back " Revert & Back mean the same thing.
From India, Mumbai
VairamuthuSasi

Hi,
In office,while we ask a customer or a client, we usually say
"You like to have some coffee?"
or
What would you like to have?Coffee or Tea? ...
or someting like that,instead we can ask
Care for some coffee? or Care for some cuppa?
Regards
Vairamuthu

From India, Madras
K.Ravi

hey i thought "what is ur good name" is a valid sentence' :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: bcoz many ppl ask me ,, and i ask them...
From India, Pune
chetna mehrotra
Ya...I agree,Kiran Can we call this example as Indianisms??? Like we say Refund back Repeat again How about...discuss about , request for , COMPRISES OF.... Thanx chetna
From India, Calcutta
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.