Anonymous
Context: I worked in a small private engineering firm for 3+ years. Throughout my service, I did everything with perfection, even helped other depts, beyond my scope, upon owner's requests.
Owing to unprofessional behavior, I resigned citing personal reasons.
The owner didn't want to let me go, convinced me a lot but since I rejected his "future appraisal", he didn't take it well. I was harassed by passive aggressive behavior throughout notice period and in the end, he wrote a terribly formatted experience certificate.

Note: Nothing wrong is written in it. Dates and designation are accurate. But it is written in extremely small letters, with 0 punctuation, no capital letters or even a full stop. It was clearly intentional since he used to be obsessed with formatting of documents.

Questions:
1. Does this letters format create a bad image in the mind of any recruiter or employer or HR?
2. Does it convey that I worked in a company so insignificant, which can't even write properly?

Thanks in advance for your kind opinions.

From India, Ahmedabad
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

1. Yes there are probabilities. HR might doubt about the genuinity of the document. Prospective Employer might carry out BGV process also. In such scenario the feedback of your ex-employer might not be positive ( my assessment based on your narration. )

2. Yes the quality of experience letter also counts. But as it conveys the right date and designation I think there is nothing to worry. It depends on the future employer how they perceive it.

From India, Madras
Anonymous
Thank you for the help.
Interestingly, there was a background verification (physical) and I seem to have passed it. But the thing still bothers me. What is the remedy? The person is so hellbent on harassing ex employees, he even spies on them, tries to contact their current employers, etc. It seems like something that will bother me forever. It has started to affect my mental health since it's in my head 24 x 7.

From India, Ahmedabad
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

If you had cleared the BGV why to bother much about this. Such ignore and join your new employer office. I don't see any remedy for this.

Such Employers ( especially a person with monopoly power) will keep some grudges for some time and over a period of time their perceptions might change.

From India, Madras
Darshan101
Ah! Forgive my overthinking nature. Its just that this might bother me in the future. I don't want to miss out good opportunities much later for something irrelevant from the past.
But your response really gives some relief.
Thank you.

From India, Ahmedabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.